La Vida Felicidad, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Direct Support Professional - In House
at La Vida Felicidad, Inc.
POSITION SUMMARY: Supports individuals with developmental disabilities within the community. Works toward attaining planned outcomes and skill development. Ensure the health and safety of individuals served as well as completion of all paperwork required by funding sources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Implement the program participant’s ISP and support participant’s needs
- Work with program participants for skill development
- Demonstrate appropriate community interactions
- Assist the program participants with daily functioning and activities as needed to encourage community involvement
- Work one on one with participants in community based activities to encourage and facilitate participation.
- Assist participants as needed in all activities including positioning, ambulating and personal hygiene.
- Daily documentation of outcomes
- Must be able to transport client in personal vehicle
- Uphold agency safety, confidentiality and policy standards.
- Must maintain CPR, First Aid and other trainings/certifications as required.
- Must maintain confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA, LVF policy and state and federal law
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participant ratio does not exceed 1:6
- Make recommendations to Community Inclusion Lead Coordinator (CILC) &/or Director of DD Services on possible modifications to improve and expand services based on participant’s needs and abilities
- Attend agency meetings, state training, information sessions and public meetings applicable to the program.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe program area.
- Be prepared to assist participant in their workload
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the CILC
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: The employee is directly responsible for supporting the participants within a community setting. Employee will also create a positive impression of La Vida within the local community. Must be able to handle medical and behavioral problems as they may arise with individuals.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 6 months to a year experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities in employment services
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 18 years of age or older
- Knowledge and understanding of the DD Waiver Standards
- Demonstrable organizational skills, including time management.
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- English/Spanish bi-lingual a plus.
- Ability to participate as a team member in a flexible and cooperative manner
Note: Position located in Los Lunas.
Send your cover letter, resume, and application to HR@lvfnm.org, or fax to (505) 865-5331 or mail application to P.O. Box 2040, Los Lunas, NM 87031 (Attn: Human Resources)
La Vida Felicidad, Inc., is an EOE/AA employer. Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.