LandCare LLC USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at LandCare LLC USA
Job Title: Payroll Specialist
Reports To: Payroll Manager
At LandCare, were passionate about creating meaningful environments for our customers and employees. Our teams make it happen with strong communication skills, service-minded work ethic, and most of all, teamwork.
Were a growing company with a footprint that spans the country
· 4,000 Employees coast to coast
· 50 Locations in 20 states
· 20+ Years in business
· $150M in annual sales
With a strong, stable foundation, you can look forward to growth opportunities with us.
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for all payroll-related tasks, as well as the direct support of a set of branches within a region to lend direct functional guidance to our branch partners as it relates to Federal, State and Local laws and regulations, as well as system functionality. The Payroll Specialist will guide, educate and provide superb customer service to our partners. The Payroll Specialist will work directly with the Payroll and Benefits team to ensure payroll is processed timely and accurately.
To be successful as a Payroll Specialist at LandCare you should be able to investigate and resolve payroll issues with attention to detail and a sense of urgency while upholding Federal, State and Local compliance. An outstanding Payroll Specialist should have excellent people skills, strong communication ability, as well as the drive to problem solve.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
· Understand and manage day-to-day payroll operations in our Payroll Software system.
· Create, run and manage system reports to support Payroll Information requests and audits Process weekly and biweekly payroll
· Maintain employee payroll information confidentiality.
· Perform the end-to-end processing of weekly and biweekly payrolls in compliance with Federal, State and Local requirements, while maintaining strong quality control measures.
· Perform Payroll audits and adjustments in a timely manner.
· Process employee transactions, including new hires, terminations, job/salary changes, direct deposit, and global paycards.
· Perform data entry as it relates to timekeeping and other payroll related tasks.
· Support third party vendor Payroll Tax filing for accuracy and timeliness.
· Serve as a dedicated payroll liaison for a set of branches supporting approximately 1,000 employees to answer timekeeping, payroll-related questions, implement enhancements, and resolve any issues.
· Assist with payroll projects, W-2 and payroll year-end procedures.
· Receive, file and distribute in-coming mail.
· Review, process and correspond to Garnishment orders.
· Continually identify and champion ways to improve processes and create efficiencies to reduce turn-around time while achieving high expectations for accuracy.
· Handle incoming calls to payroll phone line and return voicemails in a timely manner.
· Reconcile Payroll earnings and deductions on a weekly and quarterly basis
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Scan and file any Payroll related backup
Skill / Requirements
Associates or bachelors degree in a related field preferred, but not required
2 or more years experience in payroll preferred
Prior experience in a multi-site organization supporting 1,000 or more employees preferred
Federal/state/ local laws and regulations affecting payroll and PTO
knowledge of HRIS systems, preferably with Ultimate Software (UltiPro)
Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) highly desirable
Proficient verbal and written communication skills
Bilingual abilities are a plus
Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, analytical, and organization and planning skills
Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Qualified candidates must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check