Local Motors, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Local Motors, Inc.
- Under the direction of the Electrical Lead Engineer, the role of the Electrical Designer is to assist in the completion of circuit diagrams, schematics, and wiring routings according to program timing and budget.
- This includes working with team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver proper solutions according to plan.
- The candidate will also follow process for quality control throughout the product development life cycle.
- A pleasant demeanor, coupled with strong telephone, internet, face-to-face and written communication skills are a must. Follow up communications and strong organizational skills are essential.
- The position may require an occasional need to travel internationally.
- This is a “hands on” position which will involve a moderate level of physical interaction with the build and evaluation of the product. The candidate must maintain an appropriate level of fitness to ensure their ability to operate well and perform his/her job successfully.
- You will be requested to manage multiple projects, resources and deadlines and provide updates to the team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- This role must be able to conceptualize, design, and develop original designs of workable product from verbal instructions and general sketches and marked up prints to improve safety of operations, durability, dependability, efficiency and economy of manufacture, repair and diagnostics.
- Prepare electrical drawings and layouts including connectors, routing, and schematics using CAD applications.
- Write descriptions and parts lists for use by development shop, drafting, purchasing, and materials planning personnel.
- Understand and apply standard design for manufacturing techniques during product design and development.
- Create drawings of electrical components and assemblies
- Assist in the construction of prototype of new projects. Document all problems and follow through with corrective actions in the final build prior to testing and qualification.
- Work towards realistic project milestones and deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Follow existing product development processes and help develop new processes.
- Cooperate and coordinate development with other vehicle development team members to ensure overall goals are achieved.
- Perform additional projects and duties as assigned by the Chief Engineer.
- Provide technical support to Local Motors manufacturing facilities through plant visits, conference calls, etc.
- Must be able to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 3-5 years minimum related experience in industry with automotive experience a plus.
- Bilingual skills are a plus.
- Experience with design for functional safety desired.
- Familiar with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA)
- Experience with full product lifecycles, from prototype to production.
- Highly proficient in Siemens NX design software in a fast paced, multi-user production environment preferred.
- Experience with manufacturing processes a plus.
- Experience with industry electrical codes and standards.
- Computer skills: In addition to the requirements above, the candidate must have experience with MS Office, including intermediate to advanced knowledge of Word and Excel, Outlook, and other Office suite tools.