Lone Star Family Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Assistant (Huntsville)
at Lone Star Family Health
- Job Title
- Medical Assistant (Huntsville)
- Job ID
- Huntsville, TX 77320
- Other Location
Medical Assistant I
The Medical Assistant I provides direct patient care to patients of Lone Star Family Health Center.
Essential job functions:
- Prepares rooms and patients for examination and assists the medical provider with procedures.
- Performs pre-visit planning, obtains patient vital signs, records reason for visit and history, and initiates screening protocols.
- Maintains accurate patient medical records.
- Facilitates continuity of care for patients and/or family with members of the health care team through phone contact, verbal interaction, written reports and/or electronic messaging.
- Assists the medical provider in writing and sending out patient communications.
- Schedules patient appointments.
- Monitors patient flow in and out of clinic and communicates delays and expectations to medical providers and patients.
- Performs instrument processing procedures and maintains all appropriate logs.
- Oversees biohazard waste disposal.
- Obtains specimens and performs simple laboratory procedures.
- Performs phlebotomy procedures on all ages as needed.
- Obtains insurance authorizations for medications.
- Ensures that exam rooms and nursing stations are well-stocked and cleaned.
- Adheres to infection control procedures.
High School graduate (or GED) required.
Bilingual – English and Spanish required.
CPR/BLS Certification required.
Two or more years’ experience as a medical assistant in medical practice preferred.
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Assessment-Based Recognition in Order Entry (ABR-OE) through American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) preferred.