Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Early Childhood Education Program Specialist
at MAAC Project
|Department:||Child Development Program|
|Location:||Administration - San Marcos, CA|
|FT/PT Status:||Regular Full Time|
Under direct supervision, this position will coordinate and monitor the implementation of the Head Start and Early Head Start Performance Standards for assigned centers and assigned program options. The incumbent will model, consult and provide guidance and resources to classroom staff and will participate in building systems that provide staff with resources and support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
- Supports the Head Start philosophy that promotes and values parent participation and individualization of children in a classroom setting, Supports the Agency developed School Readiness Goals as well as MAAC and CDP vision and mission.
- Responsible for ongoing monitoring and the implementation of the early childhood development (ECD) service area at the center level and maintaining that ECD systems are in compliance.
- Using approved assessment tools and monitoring checklists, observes assigned classrooms for compliance with current education policies and procedures, State licensing regulations and Head Start Performance Standards.
- Serves as a mentor and coach by observing and assessing classroom activities; provides on-the-job guidance, training and technical assistance in order to improve the skills and interactions of education and classroom staff to improve child outcomes toward Kindergarten readiness and to improve CLASS scores.
- Recommends and/or provides on-site training and technical assistance to Center Directors and teaching staff on approved curriculum and assessment, including Creative Curriculum, Second Step Curriculum, CLASS, DRDP, ECERS, and others as applicable to program option.
- Assists management in analyzing education data to plan, organize, and conduct professional development activities to groups of up to 100 participants.
- Works in collaboration with Center Directors, teaching staff and other education staff to determine focus areas of coaching based on data analysis from CLASS observations, ECERS, DRDP assessments and ongoing observations and others as applicable to program option.
- Prepares reports and other written materials as directed and communicates concerns and results with the teacher(s), Center Director and supervisors and managers.
- Participates and contributes to planning/management activities, committees and meetings.
- Attends monthly evening meetings, conferences, community meetings and/or training programs as required.
- Communicates effectively with Child Development, Head Start/Early Head Start Managers and upper management to problem solve difficult issues.
- Collaborates and maintains positive working relationships with fellow MAAC employees and with partner community organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or a closely related field including a minimum of thirty-two (32) ECE units
- Three (3) years of work and/or teaching experience in an Early Childhood Education program setting including experience with CA State and Federal regulations related to Early Childhood Education that includes a minimum of one (1) year of experience utilizing mentoring and coaching principles and reflective practices with adult learners in a professional early childhood education program setting.
- Master Teacher Level Permit or the ability to obtain one within six months of hire
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) speaking, reading, and writing highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing computers and software, including but not limited to Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, the Internet and database software such as ChildPlus.
Union Membership ( if applicable):