Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Teacher I Floater/Center Support
at MAAC Project
|Department:||Child Development Program|
|Location:||Multiple Location - San Diego North County, CA|
|FT/PT Status:||Regular Full Time|
Under direct supervision, will be responsible for planning, supervising, and implementing the education program in accordance with the policies, procedures, and philosophy of MAAC Head Start, and state and federal regulations as assigned.
Del Dios - Escondido, CA
Gosnell - San Marcos, CA
Laurel Tree - Carlsbad, CA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
- Develop and implement lesson plans to involve the approved Creative Curriculum to encompass current program goals
- Utilize classroom materials and routines as resources to provide an environment conductive to learning and appropriate to the development levels, interests, and special talents of the child
- Develop and maintain a safe and healthy classroom environment
- Implement rules and practices that provide and foster discipline in the child
- Provide age appropriate activities to promote social, physical, cognitive, creative, and self concepts of the child
- Provide a continuing interactive process between families and providers that lead to strengthen family identified goals
- Develop and implement methods to utilize classroom volunteers, classroom aides, and parent volunteers
- Maintain and update written records and reports in a timely manner
- Maintain an open friendly relationship with staff, volunteers and parents
- Conduct required Home Visits with primary caregiver
- Recognize individual child differences in growth, development, and needs and develop individualized plans
- Work with Head Start families on their identified needs, informing them of community resources, providing information and referrals, assisting in the scheduling of appointments and follow-up services
- Integrate other Head Start components into the curriculum
- Provide client transportation as needed
- Work on the "Individual Family Plan" with each family beginning at "Phase- In" and updating at least three times during school year
- Lift, carry, restrain children weighing 30-50 pounds as needed
- Ensure personalized special services are provided to special needs children (i.e., feeding, assistance with toileting, including diapering, cauterization, urine bags, physically carrying the child-specialized equipment training will be provided as needed)
- Mainstream special needs children into the classroom environment
- Meet with parent(s) of special needs children to discuss educational objectives and special needs services
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Knowledge of early childhood education, child development, anti-bias education
- Knowledge of local educational and community resources and their ability to be used in the classroom
- Knowledge of bilingual language acquisition
- Knowledge of Head Start policies and procedures desirable.
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) speaking, reading, and writing preferred.
Union Membership ( if applicable):