Madison School District # 38
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
On-Call Stage Hand
at Madison School District # 38
MADISON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT #38
TITLE: On Call Stage Hand
OVERVIEW: Stage Hand is responsible for ensuring the success of a show and event production by performing the technical and support duties that are behind the scenes.
- High School diploma.
- Possess strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and groups both verbally and in writing.
- Require excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
- Ability to creatively problem solve, both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency with common office software.
- Bilingual (preferred).
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to pass district background check.
- Ability to dress at varying levels of business attire as required by a given event.
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to:
- Load and unload props, scenery and materials from trucks.
- Set up lighting, props, and sound equipment.
- Assist with video, sound, and light production.
- Fill any role in the wardrobe department.
- Move and rearrange furniture.
- Unload and set up road cases.
- Perform spotlight operation during shows.
- Construct and paint set pieces.
- Set up risers and musical equipment.
- Disassemble and store scenery.
- Assist with set changes.
- Ensure props are present at beginning of scene and taken away at end.
- Dismantle and assemble scenery and other set pieces.
- Work with traveling crew and other customers.
- Run consoles as needed.
- Assist carpenters with building and installing scenery.
- Operate house rigging system.
- Clean up stage and backstage area before and after performance.
- Operate scenery-moving machinery.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English as well as the ability to write routine correspondence in English. Ability to speak effectively in English before groups of customers or employees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stand.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee may work in high, precarious places and is frequently to move about in a dark or low light environment.
Twelve months/Classified Hourly Grade 15 ($16.39/HOUR)
Evaluated by the Assistant Theatre Manager
Supervised by the Assistant Theatre Manager
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, March 6, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)