Madison School District # 38
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
On-Call Usher Lead
at Madison School District # 38
MADISON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT #38
TITLE: On-Call Usher Lead
OVERVIEW: Usher Leads set the positive tone for volunteers serving and patrons visiting the Madison Center for the Arts. Engaging as representatives of the Madison Center of the Arts (the Madison), our Usher Leads are required to be welcoming, courteous, helpful and respectful in their interactions with all guests, staff, and visitors to our campus.
- Possess strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and groups both verbally and in writing.
- Require excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
- Ability to creatively problem solve, both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to demonstrate success in effective volunteer recruitment and management.
- Proficiency with common office software.
- Bilingual (preferred).
- Ability to pass district background check.
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to:
- Assist and provide excellent service through punctual Lobby and House opening/closing, proper signage, and clear radio-communication with Back of House Techs, Client Stage Management, and Madison staff
- Deliver high-quality and concise pre-show briefings, covering performance and event details, and refreshing evacuation routes and procedures
- Manage all necessary Front of House event signage according to performance and event needs, to ensure clear patron expectations and safe ingress and egress from the House
- Ensure all Front of House areas, including the Lobby, Veranda, and Promenade, are clear of debris and show-ready. Coordinate with Front of House Coordinator to resolve any concerns
- Supervise Volunteers and event flow, handle patron complaints or concerns, document event information, and partner with Front of House Coordinator to resolve issues
- Effectively accomplish any tasks assigned to Volunteer Ushers, in the event a Volunteer is unable to perform the assigned task. Assist in Volunteer trainings and evaluations
- Assist with performance or event set-up needs, such as program placement, stanchions,
- sign-holders, tables and chairs, as directed or cleared by the Madison staff
- Assist with seating and ticketing for groups and individuals with special needs
- Maintain integrity of merchandise sales and mobile box office
- Report all pertinent show information and any safety concerns or incidents in a clear, cohesive manner. Inform Front of House Coordinator on safety concerns or incidents in a timely manner
- Serve as an event supervisor and Volunteer Usher liaison, maintaining a pleasant and professional appearance and demeanor with all vendors, patrons, staff, volunteers, and visitors to the Madison campus
Ability to read and interpret documents in English as well as the ability to write routine correspondence in English. Ability to speak effectively in English before groups of customers or employees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk;
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an indoor environment that may be dark or low light and include sounds/music at a high volume.
Twelve months/Classified Hourly Grade 12 ($13.76/HOUR)
Evaluated by the Theater Manger
Supervised by the Front of House Coordinator
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, March 6, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)