Madison School District # 38
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Teacher Elementary Spanish Immersion 2020-2021 SY
at Madison School District # 38
MADISON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT #38
TITLE: CLASSROOM TEACHER for SPANISH IMMERSION
- Bachelor of Arts Degree
- Valid Arizona Teaching Certificate
- Appropriately Certified
- Experience teaching primary level students
- Fluent in Spanish: Reading, writing, speaking
- ESL and/or BLE Endorsement required
To create a flexible instructional program and a classroom environment favorable to foreign language learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with students assigned to the classroom, to motivate pupils to develop attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for elementary and pre-school grade education, in accordance with each pupil’s ability; to establish good relationships with other staff members.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional material and provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the Spanish curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Task analyzes and translates lessons into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
- Teaches district-approved curriculum.
- Uses effective Classroom Management techniques.
- Establishes, shares, and maintains standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
- Evaluates pupils’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
- Teaches curriculum aligned to state standards.
- Identifies pupil needs and makes appropriate referrals and develops strategies for individual education plans.
- Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
- Maintains a safe environment for students, conducive to learning.
- Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified by District policy.
- Anticipates and effectively addresses unforeseen crises associated with working with large groups of children.
- Maintains regular attendance
- Complies with State Law and District policies and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates knowledge of state and national standards, district curriculum and instructional materials and assessments.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Spanish and holds classroom experience in delivery of this language.
- Provides experience teaching primary aged students.
- Demonstrates knowledge of interpreting data and assessments to make instructional decisions.
- Supports school and district mission and vision.
- Utilizes effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates flexibility, dependability, organization, and collaboration.
- Establishes rapport with peers and parents.
- Is willing to participate in district training for coaching.
- Demonstrates lifelong learning.
- Seeks opportunities to demonstrate leadership.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Maintains valid certifications, fingerprint card and Appropriately Certified status. Observes teacher calendar and all Madison School District policies. Salary to be determined yearly according to Governing Board approved range.
Performance will be evaluated by the building principal or designee.
Supervises classroom employees, students and volunteers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk;
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an indoor environment that may be dark or low light and include sounds/music at a high volume.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, January 30, 2020 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)