The Mental Health Center of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Diversity & Inclusiveness Data Storyteller
at The Mental Health Center of Denver
EMPLOYMENT VALUE PROPOSITION: Mental Health Center of Denver provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do.
Learn what it is like to work at the Mental Health Center of Denver:
STARTING SALARY: $55,000 - $60,000/year
Creatively track, analyze, and report the Diversity & Inclusiveness story; help to improve existing programs and support the creation of new programs through persuasive narrative; build and sustain relationships with internal and external community members; support the creation and management of Diversity & Inclusiveness content on staff intranet and communications resources; contribute to the development of outward-facing media platforms; make presentations and serve on committees and workgroups.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Leading educational efforts to tell compelling stories and engage audiences across multiple platforms
- Develop anecdotes and data in the form of stories that exemplify the Mental Health Center of Denver’s trajectory and strategic direction
- Synthesize qualitative and quantitative data to make innovative and thoughtful recommendations to meet various training needs
- Absorb meeting discussion, strategies and ideas discussed to create informational presentations that are tactically organized and clearly communicate content in a visually appealing format
- Make presentations to community stakeholders
- Track and report Diversity & Inclusiveness data and metrics
- Help to develop Diversity & Inclusiveness program infrastructure-plan and implement resources and supports for lactation spaces; organizational signage; merchandising and other Diversity & Inclusiveness initiatives
- Develop and maintain the Diversity & Inclusiveness intranet site (InSite)
- Contribute Diversity & Inclusiveness content to Engage, the employee newsletter
- Assist the Digital Media Specialist and other Marketing staff in maintaining the Diversity & Inclusiveness presence on the Mental Health Center of Denver internet site (mhcd.org)
- Attend occasional community meetings and events
- Research and analyze data in order to create a dynamic narrative that tells the story of our bi-annual culture climate survey
- Support the design and implementation of "after-training" learning resources
Diversity and Inclusiveness
- Provide coordination/logistical support to other members of the Diversity & Inclusiveness team and team programming
- Contribute to an organizational culture of respect, hope, and personal accountability regarding Diversity & Inclusiveness
- Promote cultural proficiency in all aspects of the organization’s functions and programming
- Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Social Justice, Psychology, Anthropology, or related field.
EXPERIENCE: Three or more years’ experience related to program management/evaluation, data analysis, project management, social research, or related work.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bilingual (ex. Spanish, ASL), a plus
- Ability to summarize data into a story
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and excel in high-pressure situations
- Highly self-directed, self-starter.
- High level of organization and attention to details
- High level of creativity and innovative mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Energized and engaging public speaker, able to speak with various audiences
- Highly collaborative workstyle
- Strong data management skills
- Holistic view of Diversity & Inclusiveness
- Strong desire to grow in the Diversity & Inclusiveness field
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from all walks of life
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to lead and facilitate large meetings, deliver presentations, drive to various locations, and similar physical functions. May require sitting, standing, bending, reaching.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS: Ability to give, receive, and analyze and prioritize information, formulate work plans and strategic goals, prepare written materials and articulate these goals and action plans. Must understand people from all walks of life and be able to communicate effectively with them.
WORKING CONDITIONS: May require occasional evening or weekend hours.
MEET THE DIVERSITY & INCLUSIVENESS TEAM:
Leslye C. Steptoe, Vice President of Diversity & Inclusiveness (she/her/hers/herself)
StrengthsFinder 2.0 Top 5 Talent Themes: Learner Achiever Context Positivity Arranger
One of the best things about our department is that our work allows for a lot of variety. A day in the life of a Diversity & Inclusiveness team member is never predictable! This position is a great opportunity for a person who thrives in that kind of environment, and who is deeply committed to culture and community.
Shannon Alicea, ASL Staff Interpreter (she/her/hers/herself)
StrengthsFinder 2.0 Top 5 Talent Themes: Responsibility, Individualization, Relator, Intellection, Developer
Hello and Welcome! The Diversity and Inclusiveness team works together to emphasize the broader perception of the whole person. Working on this team will challenge you to stretch your thinking about culture, intersection, and accessibility, while supporting your journey and valuing you and your experiences.
Victor Alvarez, Spanish Interpreting Services Coordinator (he/him/his/himself)
StrengthsFinder 2.0 Top 5 Talent Themes: Positivity, Includer, Learner, Achiever, Intellection
Welcome! I am proud to be a part of the fabric that makes up the Diversity and Inclusiveness team. Our team is involved in a vast variety of work, all interconnected and centered around mental health and well-being. My role is to facilitate communication for the people we serve and our providers, helping to make care equally accessible to everyone.
Maria Barraza, Executive Project Assistant (she/her/hers/herself)
StrengthsFinder2.0 Top 5 Talent Themes: Input, Connectedness, Intellection, Empathy, Futuristic
Being the Executive Project Assistant for the team allows me to really see what everyone brings to the table. The team comes together and creates an energy that allows for great work and collaboration. The work we do is truly important, and I am excited to work with you and see what else the Diversity and Inclusiveness team can offer to the community!
Lakeysha Molock, Cultural Proficiency Training Manager (she/her/hers/herself)
StrengthsFinder 2.0 Top 5 Talent Themes: Communication Achiever Input Woo Positivity
We have a dynamic Diversity and Inclusiveness team! I look forward to collaborating on a variety of engaging and interactive projects. I hope our new team member enjoys the art of storytelling, laughter, hard work and an everchanging environment.
Lisa Stiefel, ASL Interpreting Services Coordinator (she/her/hers/herself)
StrengthsFinder 2.0 Top 5 Talent Themes: Relator, Empathy, Positivity, Ideation and Adaptability
Being a part of the Diversity and Inclusiveness team will offer an amazing opportunity for someone with the same passion for equity as we do. If you strive to make meaningful change in the community through access, education and inclusion, you will be a great fit for our team. I look forward to working with you in the future!
David Siso, Spanish Staff Interpreter (he/him/his/himself)
StrengthsFinder 2.0 Top 5 Talent Themes: Context Includer Arranger Connectedness Positivity
I am happy to be part of the Diversity & Inclusiveness team. My role as an interpreter is to make sure communication between providers and the people we serve is accurate and correct. By making sure everyone has access to the care they need, makes our community stronger and more united!
Emily Dandaro-Peres, Immigrant & Refugee Health Navigator/Community Liaison (She/her/hers/herself)
StrengthsFinder 2.0 Top 5 Talent Themes: Restorative, Futuristic, Discipline, Harmony and Developer
The Diversity and Inclusiveness Team's welcoming environment has made me feel at home and supported as an employee from the start. Even through the most difficult of times, we have been able to continue to provide support to our community and colleagues, which makes me proud of being part of this team.