Mountain Park Health Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Assistant Lead - Gateway
at Mountain Park Health Center
The Medical Assistant (MA) Lead effectively manages and delegates all the MA responsibilities, ensuring effective patient flow and insisting that all patients are treated with dignity and respect. Oversee all MA tasks and ensure that all duties are performed efficiently and safely for Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs all the essential functions of a MA.
- Oversees and manages the clinical workflow ensuring timely completion of all MA tasks.
- Responds to all codes.
- Responsible for timely, efficient and safe completion of triage messages
- Performs/delegates checking and documentation of emergency equipment
- Ensures compliance with all checking and documentation of CLIA waived testing and sterilization equipment
- Identifies any new equipment needs and requests these from the Ops Director/Manager; reports and facilitates repairs of equipment.
- Prepares staff schedules to provide adequate cover including contingency planning for staff absence, delegates assignments and communicates to the Ops Director/Manager any staffing concerns. Contributes to work assignments equitably.
- Maintains clinical supplies, medications and immunizations inventory and par-levels.
- Completes the MA Lead’s daily/weekly checklist of tasks given by the Ops Director/Manager which is adapted according to the needs of the department.
- Responsible for maintaining the clinical area looking professional, clean, stocked and organized. Assists in maintaining a safe working environment.
- Utilizes methods to increase provider efficiency, continuity of care and access for patients.
- Work as a part of the leadership team for the Department/facility collaborating with the (CSR Leads) and Ops Director/Manager to improve customer service, quality of care and make suggestions for process improvements.
- Be a coach/mentor/resource for CSRs in the absence of the (CSR Lead).
- Facilitate communication between CSRs/ (MAs), providers and Ops Director/Manager.
- Assists in resolution of patient complaints either independently or with the assistance of a manager.
- Responsible to complete all administrative projects assigned by the manager of the department.
- Assist in facilitation of staff meetings, huddles.
- Ensures the successful completion of training all new staff members. Ensures. training checklists are completed and the proficiency of all MA functions is according to MPHC standards
- Ensures all MAs provide quality customer service, manage and train MAs to continually improve their performance and skills. Shares clinical expertise
- Assists in obtaining patient satisfaction surveys and implements patient satisfaction improvement processes
- Participates in clinical quality improvement initiatives
- Seeks input from providers and support staff at regular intervals; develops MAs providing recognition, feedback and motivation
- Perform weekly performance audits for all MAs of the dept.; effective utilization of reports to identify areas for performance improvement of MAs
- Provide feedback for staff reviews in collaboration with the Ops Director/Manager
- Ensure MAs adhere to all MPHC procedures and policies
- Resolve conflicts between staff members with the assistance of the Ops director/Manager as needed; keeping the Ops Director/Manager fully informed of staff issues
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to embrace differences among people and able to interact with internal staff as well as external contacts in a culturally competent and respectful manner.
- Promotes positive patient/guest relation in accordance with MPHC policies, providing a high level of quality in personal attention and service to patients and visitors.
- Complies with MPHC Safety Policies and Procedures. Ensures compliance with governmental licensing and regulatory requirements where applicable. Conducts annual review of and complete/suggest on-going revisions of the Policies and Procedures specific to his/her department. Maintains familiarity with and abide by all established facility and departmental policies and procedures, noting changes when they are published/posted. Conducts himself/herself in a manner consistent with the Mission Statement and Values of MPHC.
- Seeks out facility or external education/training that would further develop individual skills, experience or knowledge necessary for a high standard of functioning in his/her job.
- Observes and respects the confidentiality of information in regard to patients, visitors and co-workers employees including salary information, if exposed to any of the above referenced information in the course of his/her job function.
- Dresses according to MPHC’s dress code policy and procedure, as well as, complies with specific departmental regulations pertaining to employees appearance
- Demonstrates an understanding of facility organizational structure by utilization of appropriate channels of communication. Maintain consistent, timely communication regarding all facets of departmental activities with his/her co-workers, therefore, demonstrating good customer service skills with both external and internal customers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have two years of experience as a Medical Assistant
Must have previous leadership experience.
Candidate can not be under any disciplinary action within the last 6 months.
Medical Assistant certificate/diploma.
Certified/Registered as Medical Assistant preferred.
Bilingual (Spanish/English or Somali/English) preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to complete daily tasks in a window based computer program.
Previous experience with electronic medical record (EMR) system required.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Medical Assistant Certificate and current CPR Certification.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to all federal and state law, MPHC prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. MPHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.