Mountain Park Health Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Assistant-GW FP
at Mountain Park Health Center
The Medical Assistant (MA) is responsible for providing customer service and preparing patients for medical examination and nursing care, under direction of the provider, by performing the following duties for Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains CLIA-waived testing log (s).
- Handles sterile and dirty instruments used in the departments according to instrument processing procedures.
- Keeps exam rooms/procedure rooms stocked/set up according to departmental guidelines.
- Maintains, cleans and calibrates medical equipment to meet quality assurance and infection control guidelines (logs). Reports malfunctioning equipment to supervisor; takes equipment out of service.
- Documents chief complaint, takes and records vital signs and completes history questions per procedure.
- Uses proper charting procedure, i.e., noting date, time signature and job title.
- Plots growth grids in pediatrics.
- Manages telephone messages from their assigned to pods daily.
- Call patients that are no show for appointment and scheduled them in the appropriate timeframe per department.
- Records and documents all injections and/or immunizations given, including lot #, location and initials orders in accordance with procedure.
- Manages eCW Jelly beans for their assigned Pod on a daily basis. This includes Labs/DI’s, TE’s, Documents, actions and consult pending.
- Completes chart prep for assigned provider on a daily basis to include review of ASIIS and enter into eCW as appropriate.
- Manages the accountability board/sheet in their care team daily.
- Utilize and/or schedule interpreter services as needed by the patient.
- Must be able to embrace differences among people and able to interact with internal staff as well as external contacts in a culturally competent and respectful manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Electronic Medical Record experience required.
Recent back office medical assistant experience (within last 24 months) or recent graduate of MA program/certification.
Graduate of a Medical Assistant program - diploma or certification of completion
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) from the American Medical Technologists
- National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) from the National Center for Competency Testing
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) from the National Healthcareer Association
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current CPR Certification.
Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to all federal and state law, MPHC prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. MPHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.