Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at MUFG Americas
Join a financial group that's as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do. Our 14,000 diverse colleagues are connected by a common ambition to create change for the better-from forging more dynamic career paths, to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of global financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world's most trusted financial group.
Know Your Customer (KYC) Analysts are responsible for completing Client Identification and Customer Due Diligence files for new and existing customers and maintenance of customer data in support of Front Office business lines. Process includes performing KYC research and related OFAC checks, compliance exemption requests and other departmental projects/assignments. Critical function is also to perform quality control by testing KYC Records and producing results/key themes to facilitate the completion of KYC records. Analysts are members of the Data Assurance Department (DAD), and work closely with Relationship Managers (RM's) and Portfolio Managers (PM's), with Tax Operations, Regulatory Reporting teams, with Compliance Division Officers, and with other operation teams. KYC Analysts are responsible for meeting Service Level Agreements (SLA) with various Business Units and for utilizing departmental tracking systems. KYC Analysts are responsible for following established guidelines and identifying and resolving problems. KYC Analysts are expected to use some independence of thought but to refer more complex problems to supervisors or other experts. Analysts are expected to contribute to work flow or process change and redesign, and to form a strong basic understanding of the customer on-boarding, KYC, and maintenance. Role may also be accountable for regular reporting or process administration as owner. The ideal KYC Analyst candidate has experience working in a professional environment, is a strong researcher with exacting attention to detail, is an excellent written and verbal communicator, is very computer savvy, and has familiarity with operations in a financial institution.
- Performonboarding activity and provide Subject Matter Expertise on AML/KYC, perform reviews of AML/KYC activities
- Coordinate directly with other areas of the bank clients to obtain relevant KYC requirements.
(i.e. Risk, Compliance, Legal, Business, Operations, Front Office)
- Promptly respond to queries and assist with problem-solving of matters received from personnel internal to the Bank
- Evaluate end-to-end process to assist in setting strategies and practices to develop culture of high degree of accuracy and productivity
- Maintain detailed tracking of KYC file status and other customer record activities to ensure completion within required timeframes
- Ensure desktop procedures are accurate and comply with regulatory requirements by pointing out any discrepancies identified; Assist in developing new processes and necessary manuals
- Perform root cause analysis and offer solutions and best practices.
- Identify data quality issues and monitor resolution
- Participate in projects and any other specials tasks assigned
- 2 years of experience in general or Financial Crimes compliance or a JD
- General understanding of BSA/AML/OFAC/SAR regulations
- Excellent attention to detail, organized approach and strong problem solving/facilitation abilities
- Mature approach with excellent influential communication (verbal/written) skills
- Strong time management,, work organization and multi-tasking skills with a drive for efficiency, accuracy and risk management controls while maintaining 100% dedication, excellent attitude and flexibility
- Effective Internet and research skills and usage of third party tools such as Dun Bradstreet, LexisNexis, government registries, etc.
- Proficiency in MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Second language is highly preferred (Spanish/Portuguese/Japanese)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.