Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP)
at New Alternatives
New Alternatives, Inc. is a private nonprofit agency that has provided a wide range of services to children, youth and families in San Diego and Orange Counties since 1978. Therapeutic services include residential, outpatient, day treatment, crisis support and in home support services.
New Alternatives, Inc. is committed to providing Trauma Informed Care principles throughout our agency. Candidates should have knowledge and/or desire in assisting the agency carry out this culture.
- Engage youth in therapeutic relationships and support the development of goals that encourage and foster positive participation in school and the residential treatment program.
- Engage youth in life skills training, skill building, and increasing coping skills.
- Work directly with the team of therapists, psychiatrists, mental health counselors and other program staff to provide a safe, healing and therapeutic environment.
- Complete residential documentation necessary to track the youths’ progress, engagement in services, and high risk needs.
- Staff work under the direction of a licensed or waivered staff member.
- BA/BS required
- 4 years of experience in a mental health setting*
- Various Shifts and days available.
- F/T & P/T Weekends offered.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
- Must have adequate writing and word processing skills.
*Up to two years of graduate professional education may be substituted for the experience requirements on a year for year basis.
- Competitive Pay
- Extensive training opportunities
- Career advancement
- Medical and Dental benefits
- Vacation and Sick Time
- 403B Plan
- Family Fit Program through LA Fitness
NAI/EOE employer San Diego County Mental Health Contract Position provides services throughout San Diego County community so personal vehicle is required.