Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Youth/ Parent Partner
at New Alternatives
New Alternatives, Inc. is a private nonprofit agency that provides a wide range of services to children, youth and families in San Diego and Orange Counties. Services include residential, outpatient, day treatment and in-home support services.
Youth/ Parent Partner
- Responsible to ensure compliance with standards of assigned medical records
- Participates in case consultation with Clinician and Program Director, as needed
- Assist in any outreach efforts as requested by Program Director
- Based on Clinician's assessment of need with you and family, Youth Advocate will work with youth (primarily) and family to help develop discharge plans, including, but not limited to, referrals for Primary Care physician, Substance Abuse treatment, support and/or treatment for domestic violence, medication management, therapy services, and behavioral services
- Provide skills training and interventions and encourage youth self-advocacy and empowerment
- Work with youth to develop independent living skills, and increase positive self-management
- Develop Wellness Notebook and WRAP plans with youth
- Maintain a regular and routine schedule providing youth, identified family of origin, kinship and long-term resource family’s engagement and interventions to move treatment forward
- Participate in trainings, exhibit competency and utilize evidence based & promising practices, as deemed appropriate
- Participate in supervision, team meetings and CFTs (as assigned)
- Provided rehabilitative services, crisis intervention and group therapy
- Other duties as assigned
Educational and Minimum Experience Requirements: Bachelor degree strongly preferred. Life experience either as participant, recipient or care giver of one who has utilized public social services, preferred. Two years working with children or youth in foster care or out-of-home placement.
Other Experience Requirements: Must demonstrate competency in the following:
- Strong case management capabilities
- Family Systems and Cultural competency
- Effective crisis intervention and critical response skills
- Bilingual in Spanish Required
*Benefits With 30 or more hours a week
*Excellent medical and dental benefits
*Vacation and Sick Time
*Family Fit Program through LA Fitness
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 per hour
We are taking precautions due to COVID-19 and all our efforts will be thoroughly explained in the initial job interview.