Peak Vista Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dentist .75 FTE - Mitchell High School Health Center & Rio Grande Health Center
at Peak Vista Community Health Centers
|Title:||Dentist .75 FTE - Mitchell High School Health Center & Rio Grande Health Center|
|Department Location:||Health Center at Mitchell High School; 1205 Potter Dr. Colorado Springs, CO 80909|
Are you passionate about serving an underserved population? Do you believe that everyone should have access to quality healthcare? Do you want to work in a team environment in which everyone is dedicated to this goal? Do you want to go to bed each night, knowing you made a difference in someone’s life? Isn’t this why you went to dental school? Peak Vista's Dental Clinics provide a team-based approach to healthcare. This position offers an excellent opportunity for career growth, providing a wide variety of opportunities, including process and quality improvement, mentorship, teaching and participating in research.
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a non-profit healthcare organization whose mission is to provide exceptional healthcare to people facing access barriers through clinical programs and education. We provide primary care services (medical, dental and behavioral healthcare) through 27 outpatient health centers in El Paso, Teller, Lincoln, Adams, Elbert and Kit Carson counties. Our organization has over 950 employees and serves over 95,000 patients in the Pikes Peak and East Central Plains region. We have post graduate training programs, both nationally accredited, for Family Medicine Residency, and primary care Nurse Practitioner Fellowships.
.75 FTE position = .5 Mitchell Health Center and .25 Rio Grande Health Center
- To uphold Peak Vista Community Health Center’s mission to provide exceptional healthcare to people facing access barriers by providing the highest level of dental practice.
- To provide high quality dental care that is culturally appropriate and prevention focused. Serves as a leader on the dental team contributing to the smooth, efficient, operation of the team, the Site and the Organization.
Education / Experience:
Graduation from an approved School of Dentistry.
Possession of a current license to practice dentistry in the State of Colorado.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to diagnose and treat dental and oral disease.
- Working knowledge of the principles, standard practices methods, and techniques of dentistry.
- Knowledge of preventative dentistry, risk-based care, and educational/communication methodologies utilized in prevention.
- Skill in oral operative techniques and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and staff.
- Ability to work in a team-based care environment required.
- Understanding and application of practices and principles of quality improvement (QI) preferred.
- Sensitivity to low income and ethnic minority community a must.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Provides care in the following disciplines of general dental practice: diagnosis, preventative dentistry, operative dentistry, pedodontics, periodontics, removable prosthodontics, endodontics, fixed prosthodontics, oral surgery and orthodontics.
- Case presentation
- Expansion of skills as commensurate with clinical capabilities and continuing education
- Supports and teaches team members at the site. Teaches students enrolled in a relevant health-profession training program.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of general dental practice, including accepted and evidence-based treatment methodologies, and risk-based care practices.
- Ensures optimal access to care through clinical productivity and a willingness to consider and address patient barriers to care.
- Engages effectively with team members outside of dental and supports overall integration of Peak Vista systems, particularly between medical behavioral health and dental clinical teams.
- Effective use of the electronic dental and health records (EDR, EHR), registries and templates.
- Full-time and Part-time availability
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Paid time off and holidays
- Generous CE time and budget allowance
- 403b contribution and match available if eligible
- Malpractice insurance coverage
- Great working conditions
- Terrific team environment
- Focus on patient satisfaction
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check. Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol free workplace an an Equal Opportunity Employer.
**PVCHC participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s I-9 to data from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration Records. To learn more, visit: everify.com