Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
4512 - Health Educator (Medium Risk Nutritionist)
at Pima County
- Position Description
This grant-funded position (may included Saturday hours) is in the Health Department.
Salary Grade: 36
Implements and presents County health education programs and is responsible for curriculum development or the implementation of health education and promotion activities.
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor.)
Develops and presents specialized public health educational programs in environmental issues, wellness, disease prevention, family planning and health promotion;
Identifies educational objectives for assigned community health problems and develops program curriculum;
Assists public health professional from the department and from the community in developing specialized education programs in environmental issues, wellness, disease prevention, family planning and health promotion;
Implements health education programs through community presentations, seminars and workshops, and the use of audio-visual aids with schools and other community agencies;
Collects and applies health information related to assigned community health problems in curriculum and materials development;
Coordinates scheduling of classes, participant recruitment, instructional materials selection, program evaluation and other activities;
Evaluates films and educational activities designed for specific community health problems;
Maintains program records and applicable reports.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- principles, methods and techniques of community health education;
- selection and use of audio-visual materials for educational programs;
- current community health problems;
- methods and instruments used in program evaluation;
- techniques of print and visual aids preparation.
- organizing and presenting health education programs;
- developing marketing and educational materials;
- using audio-visual materials in educational programs;
- communicating effectively;
- identifying community health problems.
- Minimum Qualifications
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in health education, adult education, psychology, marketing or a related field.
(Additional relevant experience may substitute for a portion of the aforementioned education.)
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
Preferred Qualifications (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution in nutrition (Community Nutrition, Public Health Nutrition, Nutrition Education, Human Nutrition or Nutrition Science).
- One (1) year minimum experience in nutrition education counseling in a maternal/child or clinical setting, including the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program.
- Bilingual (English/ Spanish).
- Experience using computer software, including Microsoft Office Suite, and data entry.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
- Supplemental Information
Licenses and Certificates: Valid driver license is required at time of application. Valid AZ driver's license and access to a registered/insured vehicle for business travel is required (business mileage reimbursed) at time of appointment. The successful applicant will be subject to a 39-month DOT Motor Vehicle Record review to determine applicant's suitability to operate county vehicles in accordance with Pima County administrative procedures. Failure to obtain and maintain the required licenses and certifications shall be grounds for termination. Any offer of employment resulting from this recruitment is contingent upon Risk Management's review and approval of the candidate's driving record.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: Physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position.