Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
4513 - Health Educator - Senior (Child Care Health Consultant)
at Pima County
- Position Description
This grant-funded position is in the Community, Outreach, Prevention and Education Program within the Health Department. OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Salary Grade: 41
This Health Educator - Senior position will work as a Child Care Health Consultant (CCHC) that completes training based on the curriculum of the National Training Institute for Child Care Health Consultants, and has knowledge about the health and safety of children and childcare settings. The CCHC is prepared to work directly with childcare providers in family child care homes, centers and other group care settings.
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor.)
Researches community health problems and develops educational and promotional materials for Pima County health education programs;
Develops marketing techniques and designs marketing media materials including brochures, articles, newsletters and announcements;
Researches and designs consumer literature and educational materials including slide/tape presentations, pamphlets, handouts and displays;
Prepares pamphlets, brochures, press releases and reports describing and publicizing departmental and related services and information;
Presents issues at community conferences, workshops, and seminars on local public health problems and encourages community participation in health programs;
Plans health education programs and provides consulting services to interested groups;
Participates in health education activities in specialized areas;
Conducts program evaluations;
Supervises the operation of the audio-visual media and equipment library;
May assist other departments and divisions in the development of educational programs.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- principles, methods and techniques of community health education;
- selection and use of audio-visual materials for educational programs;
- principles and practices of marketing and media design;
- current community health problems;
- methods and instruments used in program evaluations;
- techniques of print and visual aids preparation.
- organizing and presenting health education programs;
- developing marketing or educational materials;
- utilizing audio-visual materials in educational programs;
- communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.
- researching community health issues.
- Minimum Qualifications
(1) A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in health education, adult education, psychology, marketing or a related field and two years of health education experience.
(Additional relevant education may substitute for the aforementioned experience.)
(Additional relevant experience may substitute for the aforementioned education.)
(2) Two years of experience with Pima County as a Health Educator.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
Preferred Qualifications (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Bilingual (English/Spanish (speaking, writing and reading)).
- Experience providing consultation to and/or interacting with early care providers and education settings, including family child care.
- At least one (1) year experience in a public health setting.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
- Supplemental Information
Licenses and Certificates: Valid driver license is required at time of application. Valid AZ driver's license and access to a registered/insured vehicle for business travel is required (business mileage reimbursed) at time of appointment. The successful applicant will be subject to a 39-month DOT Motor Vehicle Record review to determine applicant's suitability to operate county vehicles in accordance with Pima County administrative procedures. Failure to obtain and maintain the required licenses and certifications shall be grounds for termination. Any offer of employment resulting from this recruitment is contingent upon Fleet Services' review and approval of the candidate's driving record.
Special Notice Items: The County requires pre-employment background checks. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include verification of work history, education and criminal conviction history. A prior criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify a candidate from employment with the County.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: Physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position.