Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
APC-PHARMCLIN-LIC ELIG-BE-CDS - INNOVATION HUB
at Presbyterian Healthcare Services
- Requisition ID
- Default: Location : City
- Location : Name
- Rev Hugh Cooper Admin Center
- Default: Location : State/Province (Full Name)
- New Mexico
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state's largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans.
We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
About New Mexico
New Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos' nuclear scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great.
Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
- Provide comprehensive chronic disease state management in collaboration with primary care providers and/or specialists. Incorporates the use of physical assessment skills, prescriptive authority, and therapeutic drug monitoring as appropriate.
- Perform and document comprehensive medication review and medication reconciliation. Perform medication refill management.
- Provide clinical consultation and drug information services as needed via published evidence-based literature and national clinical guidelines.
- Mentor and precept Pharmacy Practice Residents in accordance with ASHP accreditation guidelines and UNM College of Pharmacy students.
- May participate in peer review and clinical chart audits as needed
- May participate in onboarding of newly hired PhCs as needed
Type of Opportunity: Full Time
Work Schedule: Weekday Schedule Monday-Friday
Bachelor of Pharmacy degree required. Doctor of Pharmacy degree preferred. Active New Mexico Board of Pharmacy License (RPh) required. New Mexico Pharmacist Clinician License (PhC) with prescriptive authority within 9 months of employment required. Minimum 3-5 years of experience in an approved clinical setting or completion of an ASHP accredited Pharmacy Residency program. Board Certification preferred.
Summary of Major Duties:
Provides comprehensive medication review, medication reconciliation, and medication refill management services in a primary care setting. This is a one year pilot position with the potential for continuation.
Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Wellness programs
- Vacation Time
- Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
- Continuing Medical Education Allowance
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.