Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CREDENTIALED TRAINER I-BASIC
at Presbyterian Healthcare Services
- Requisition ID
- Default: Location : City
- Location : Name
- Rev Hugh Cooper Admin Center
- Default: Location : State/Province (Full Name)
- New Mexico
Type of Opportunity: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
The basic/entry level Epic Credentialed Trainer is responsible for end user training on the Epic electronic health record at Presbyterian Healthcare Services in accordance with the curriculum developed by Instructional Designers. The core responsibility is the delivery of formal classroom training and at the elbow support for end users of the Epic system
1. Trainer Competencies: Basic/entry level
a. Applies skills and critical thinking related to classroom set up and maintenance, educational technology, webinars, tele-education, management of the learning experience/environment, adult learning principles, instructional program delivery skills, and curricula content.
b. Once validated by informatics leads, may initiate precepting of new/onboarding credential trainers
2. EPIC applications- Basic/Entry Level
a. Obtains certification initially through PHS internal competency validation process in 2-3 EPIC applications and/or defined role-based curriculum bundles.
b. Understands basic workflows of target audience for EPIC Application supporting clinical end-users
c. May participate in testing of application updates
3. At-the Elbow Support- Basic/Entry Level: ability to coach and assist end-users in real-time application utilization
a. Able to provide at-the-elbow support for end-users in EPIC Application deployment and upgrades
b. Able to provide support to Help desk and end user calls
c. Participates in educational activities to enhance reinforcement of learner knowledge and performance
4. Optimization- Basic/Entry Level: In a variety of environments, able to troubleshoot, refer, problem-solve concerns about EPIC application questions and workflow -
a. Able to assist end-users in finding solutions to questions
b. Communicates concerns founds in classroom and clinical rounding to appropriate personnel.
c. Conducts audits as determined by leadership
5. Instructional Methodology: Basic/Entry Level Supports the education instructional design under the guidance of the EPIC instructional designers, Clinical Education Specialists, or designated education leads
a. Provides input into the curriculum design/scripts for Epic classes
b. Learns and provides basic e-learning services including e-learning software and voiceovers
6. Other functions as assigned
Bachelors degree preferred or 4 years experience in education, healthcare, healthcare operations, information technology, training, professional licensure in nursing/allied health will be accepted in lieu of degree. Once oriented to role must be capable of performing all aspects of learning facilitation and training with minimal guidance once oriented, possess effective coaching, team building skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to learn and train healthcare workflows to all end users, perform end user call support, and contribute to end user training materials, guides and tools. Knowledge with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, and Internet Explorer desired.
* High School Diploma or GED
Competencies and skills:
* SKILL-Ability to effectively interact with customers to understand their needs and explain data
* SKILL-Microsoft Office
* Planning and coordinating organizational change
* Anticipating & Addressing Customer Needs
* Educating Employees, Customers & Transferring Knowledge
* Functioning as an Effective Contingent Member
* Acquiring & Applying Superior Skills to achieve Quality Outcomes
* Functioning as an Effective Team Member
* SKILL-Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in person and via telephone with members, employer groups, brokers, physicians, and physician office staff using strong dialogue and customer service competencies.
* SKILL-Written communication
Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Free wellness programs
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
- Continuing education and career development opportunities
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state's largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans.
We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
About New Mexico
New Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos' nuclear scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great.
Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.