Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DIRECTOR - IT PROJECT MANAGEMENT (PMO)
at Presbyterian Healthcare Services
- Requisition ID
- Project Management
- Default: Location : City
- Location : Name
- Rev Hugh Cooper Admin Center
- Default: Location : State/Province (Full Name)
- New Mexico
Type of Opportunity: Full Time
Work Schedule: Weekday Schedule Monday-Friday
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is redesigning PMO services for digital transformation! We’re seeking an experienced IT PMO leader to work collaboratively with the IT senior leadership team to design and implement a new value based IT enterprise operating model. The PMO leader will lead the redesign of our practices, methodologies and tools.
This is a pivotal position and a wonderful opportunity to design a new operating model. If you are an innovative enterprise PMO leader with PMO design, build and process improvement experience – we encourage you to apply!
The Project Management Office Director is responsible for the enterprise portfolio, program and project management methods and practices ensuring the value of IT services across the organization. The PMO Director is responsible for supporting and enabling the IT portfolios, programs, and projects through enterprise processes and controls governing the management, planning and organization, acquisition and implementation, delivery and support, and measurement and evaluation of all programs and projects to ensure business value. The PMO Director position reports to the CIO and works in an integrated fashion with the cross functional IT areas and business stakeholders. The PMO Director designs and implements PMO processes in service to IT Service Leaders and in support of an IT Service and Value Operating Model.
Strategy and Governance Excellence
*Facilitates across IT leadership and PMO stakeholders consensus around the mission and vision of the PMO organization to foster a service oriented program/project management-oriented culture and mindset
*Engages senior leadership and business partners to define the PMO mission, goals and operating model, and releases this after senior management approval, in the form of the PMO charter.
*Responsible for designing, implementing and monitoring PMO tools and processes supporting IT Service Leaders and aligned with the strategic planning processes of the organization.
*Responsible for designing and implementing portfolio management processes aligned with business governance processes and budgeting cycle working closely with IT Management.
* Ensures the work of the PMO adds value, is relevant to the strategy of the organization, and meets the goals set for the PMO by executive management.
Responsible for developing portfolio program management key methods and processes including pipeline management, resource management, change control, financial management and risk management.
*Facilitates program oversight processes ensuring compliance with all regulatory and security requirements associated with system design, implementation, and ongoing support.
*Leads the identification and implementation of project management processes, methods, tools, guidelines and standards in order to establish a stable framework that supports all project teams and stakeholders to improve the probability of successful project delivery
*Leads the PMO coaching program facilitating the consistent use of PMO methods for projects that are not assigned a project manager.
*Facilitates the agreed-upon process that develops plans and prioritization by leadership and governance
*Enables and supports the needed end-to-end PMO work effort, which includes leveraging best practices and techniques in identifying, quantifying and tracking the realization of expected benefits defined in business cases
*Ensures that all programs and projects follow PMO standards: workplan, budget, project organization and governance structure, communication, change management, performance management
*Ensures consistent portfolio and project reporting and tracking across all stakeholders and governance committees.
* Implements, manages and maintain the Project Management system. Ensure the system meets the PMO standards and collaboration required throughout the organization.
*Successfully manages the PMO budget
*Working closely with IT Leadership team and HR committed to hire, manage, develop, and retain talented employees. Manage and monitor all work processes and systems that are related to retaining and developing a superior workforce.
* Responsible for developing a culture of engagement that motivates, empowers, challenges and respects employees.
*Responsible for building engagement through cross functional collaboration across the IT department and in support of a Service/Value driven IT operating model where responsibilities allow employees to understand their contribution to the organization's success.
* Manages Workforce execution by providing clear expectations while holding employees accountable and staying focused on delivering organization results.
*Provides ongoing coaching and mentoring to PMO staff and project managers
*Leads the identification and development of PMO roles, team configuration and recruitment appropriate to deliver the agreed-upon PMO goals and objectives
* Responsible for building strategic alignment with employees so they understand clarity of purpose and direction and how the work they do contributes to the organization's success.
* Manage enterprise resource planning and forecasting processes for portfolios, programs and projects to identify resource needs
* Provide IT PMO Department Leadership, management and mentorship for the IT PMO Managers and their staff; collaborate with Enterprise Business Director PMO Peers, senior and executive leaders and all program/project participants.
*Responsible for establishing and measuring PMO enterprise level metrics/goals and objectives, as well as reporting department accomplishments and plans on a regular basis. Able to measure and quantify the value of PMO services provided to the organization.
*Builds and maintains relationships with senior leadership and key PMO stakeholders, and acts as a trusted advisor
*Acts an organizational change agent improving the PMM maturity and practices in support of business goals and objectives.
*Regularly reviews and evaluates opportunities to improve the project management best practices in order to achieve higher maturity in PPM
*Must be able to motivate and inspire a diverse team towards enterprise and strategic goals.
*Is able to build relationships with internal (& external) business partners in order to create new solutions.
*Responsible for identifying and optimizing PMO practices based on well accepted framework-based best-practices where possible.
*Industry competency and continuous learning in the health information technology, health care and health plan industries.
*Displays in-depth knowledge of key clinical/business domains and associated strategic best practices
* Create a PMO Center of Excellence to develop and sustain Project Management Practitioners and share knowledge of industry best practices to IT staff members.
- Bachelors degree in IT or related field
- 10 years of relevant experience required; 5 years should reflect direct management experience with increasing levels of management responsibilities.
- 10+ years of experience in Project Management required.
- 5 years leading/managing professional level direct reports.
- At least 3 years managing an enterprise PMO.
- PMP Certification required or must obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Preferred - Lean Six Sigma Green Belt/Black Belt
- Preferred - Experience designing, building, and leading an enterprise PMO within the healthcare industry
Competencies and skills:
* SKILL-Ability to effectively interact with customers to understand their needs and explain data
* SKILL-Microsoft Office
* SKILL-Strong interpersonal and negotiation skill
* SKILL-Ability to present to various audiences
* SKILL-Project management methods and tools in support of managing Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Communication, Risk, and Procurement Management;
* SKILL-Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in person and via telephone with members, employer groups, brokers, physicians, and physician office staff using strong dialogue and customer service competencies.
* SKILL-Written communication
Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Free wellness programs
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
- Continuing education and career development opportunities
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state's largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans.
We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
About New Mexico
New Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos' nuclear scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great.
Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.