Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Presbyterian Healthcare Services
- Requisition ID
- Clinical Care-Rehab Services
- Default: Location : City
- Location : Name
- 1010 Spruce Street Espanola, NM 87532-2724
- Default: Location : State/Province (Full Name)
- New Mexico
Type of Opportunity: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Evaluates patients regarding the application of a wide variety of therapeutic interventions for rehabilitation of physical and developmental disorders
*Requires detailed knowledge of physical therapy in terms of what and how work is to be done as well as why it is done, this level includes interpretation of data.
*Basic computer skills required.
*Basic understanding of the rules and regulations of the specific setting
*Evaluates and treats patients regarding the application of a wide variety of therapeutic interventions for rehabilitation of physical function and developmental disorders.
*Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of patients served
*Oversees and insures a comprehensive rehabilitation program designed to meet the physical, psychosocial, and immediate environmental well-being of the patient
*Promotes patient/caregiver self-determination by optimizing outside resource utilization to achieve the highest level of independence.
*Coordinates and communicates with various disciplines or services involved in patient care.
*Coordinates efforts toward discharge goals established at initial evaluation and during episode of care.
*Is a patient advocate.
*Other duties as assigned.
*Settings may include inpatient, outpatient, long term care, community based care and home health care
*Physical Therapist: Less than one year experience in physical therapy. Bachelors degree in Physical Therapy. Doctorate of Physical Therapy Preferred
Education: Bachelor Degree
Education specialization: Physical Therapy
Credentials: Physical Therapist
Competencies and skills:
* SKILL-Ability to effectively interact with customers to understand their needs and explain data
* SKILL-Microsoft Office
* Rehab Achieving Results: Supports organizational and department business objectives by providing standardized, evidence-based care that contributes to achieving optimal outcomes and patient experiences
* Rehab Caring Practice: Creates a compassionate, supportive and therapeutic environment for patients and staff with the aim of promoting comfort and healing and preventing unnecessary suffering or harm
* Rehab Clinical Inquiry: Uses high standards and evidence-based practices along with questioning, research and treatment skills to provide informed and/or change practice within the established plan of care
* Rehab Clinical Judgement and Action: Utilizes clinical reasoning which includes global grasp of situations, critical thinking, decision making, critical actions, priority setting, and escalation of concerns with associated knowledge, skills, and evidence-based guidelines in managing patient care
* Rehab Collaboration: Involves multidisciplinary team as well as patient/significant others to promote optimal and realistic outcomes
* Rehab Facilitation of Learning: Fosters patient/significant others learning to promote self-care using both formal and informal processes as applicable and at an appropriate level of understanding, and contributes to the orientation and professional growth of colleagues.
* Rehab Patient Advocacy: Works on behalf of the patients/significant others in representing their concerns and helping resolve ethical and clinical issues that impact the patients situation
* Rehab Response to Diversity: Uses holistic body, mind, spirit approach in provision of care by recognizing, appreciating, and incorporating cultural, spiritual, gender, race, ethnicity, lifestyle, socioeconomic, age, and values differences in practice
* Rehab Systems Thinking: Effectively manages environmental and resources across the healthcare system and community to meet patient/significant others needs and ensure quality care and outcomes
* SKILL-Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in person and via telephone with members, employer groups, brokers, physicians, and physician office staff using strong dialogue and customer service competencies.
* SKILL-Written communication
Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Free wellness programs
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
- Continuing education and career development opportunities
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state's largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans.
We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
About New Mexico
New Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos' nuclear scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great.
Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.