Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
STERILE PROCESSING TECH I
at Presbyterian Healthcare Services
- Requisition ID
- Clinical Care-Other
- Default: Location : City
- Santa Fe
- Location : Name
- 4801 Beckner Road Santa Fe, NM 87507
- Default: Location : State/Province (Full Name)
- New Mexico
Type of Opportunity: Full Time
Work Schedule: Varied Days and Hours
Perform duties of decontamination, assembly, high level disinfection and/or sterilization of surgical instruments for the OR and other hospital departments and clinics.
*Decontamination of surgical instruments for the OR, other hospital departments and clinics in accordance with established policies and standard work.
*Decontamination and high level disinfection of GI flexible endoscopes in Sterile Processing or the GI lab.
*Inspection, maintenance, assembly and sterilization of surgical instruments and linen for the OR, other hospital departments and clinics in accordance with established policies and standard work.
*Handling, storage and transportation of surgical instruments and linen for the OR, other hospital departments and clinics in accordance with established policies and standard work,
*Monitor and maintain standards of disinfection and sterilization as recommended by prevailing regulatory and professional organization recommendations or guidelines.
*Prioritize tasks as directed by supervisor or as needed to support patient care for the OR and customer departments.
*Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in accordance with standards and policies.
*Document, monitor and maintain accurate records demonstrating high level disinfection and sterilization in accordance with current professional and regulatory agencies.
*Performs other functions as required.<B
High school or equivalent.
One year experience in sterile processing environment, hospital or clinic (medical or veterinary) preferred. Previous experience with handling of sterile supplies preferred. National certification for sterile processing preferred
* High School Diploma or GED
Competencies and skills:
* SKILL-Ability to effectively interact with customers to understand their needs and explain data
* SKILL-Microsoft Office
* Planning and coordinating organizational change
* Anticipating & Addressing Customer Needs
* Educating Employees, Customers & Transferring Knowledge
* Functioning as an Effective Contingent Member
* Acquiring & Applying Superior Skills to achieve Quality Outcomes
* Functioning as an Effective Team Member
* SKILL-Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in person and via telephone with members, employer groups, brokers, physicians, and physician office staff using strong dialogue and customer service competencies.
* SKILL-Written communication
Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Free wellness programs
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
- Continuing education and career development opportunities
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state's largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans.
We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
About New Mexico
New Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos' nuclear scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great.
Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.