Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Resilient Health
Are you doing what you love? We are!
Why? At our core, we are a resiliency-building company. Our purpose is to unleash the power of our employees and participants to create a resilient world, one person at a time.
As an innovative, learning and collaborative organization, every position contributes to this purpose and our employees are the heart and soul of who we are. We support healthy work/life balance for our employees and invest in their potential through opportunities for continual learning and growth.
If this resonates with you, then read on!
About our Housing Specialist:
The Housing Specialist will provide care for individuals with mental or emotional conditions or disabilities, following the instructions of physicians or other health practitioners. This position monitors patients' physical and emotional well-being and reports information to medical staff. The Housing Specialist - Housing also participates in rehabilitation and treatment programs, teaches independent living skills, and observes participants' self-administration of oral medications.
What a Housing Specialist Does at Resilient Health:
- Monitors patients' physical and emotional well-being and reports unusual behavior or physical ailments to clinical support team.
- Documents services provided in the participant's health record as directed under agency guidelines.
- Provides personal care to mentally ill, emotionally disturbed, or developmentally delayed participants.
- Observes and influences participants' behavior, communicating and interacting with them and teaching or counseling them.
- Collaborates with assigned clinical support team in working with mentally ill, emotionally disturbed, or developmentally disabled patients to treat, rehabilitate, and return patients to the community.
- Encourage patients to develop work skills and to participate in social, recreational, or other therapeutic activities that enhance interpersonal skills or develop social relationships.
- Uses appropriate de-escalation techniques with violent, potentially violent, or suicidal patients by verbal means as required.
- Participates in the development and teaching of strategies to promote client wellness and independence.
- Observes participants' self-administration of oral medications, following physician's prescriptions and/or hospital procedures and maintain records in accordance with specified procedures.
- Educates participants in performing tasks, such as bathing or keeping beds, clothing, or living areas clean.
- Leads prescribed individual or group therapy sessions as part of specific therapeutic procedures.
- Interviews new participants to complete admission forms, to assess their mental health status, or to obtain their mental health and treatment history.
- Supports participants with respect to medical appointments as needed.
- Utilizes agency vehicles to transport participants from homes to agency facilities for clinical services.
- Performs other duties as required.
What You Would Bring to Our Company as a Housing Specialist:
- General knowledge of human behavior and performance and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and effective disorders.
- General knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for rehabilitation of physical and mental dysfunctions, and for career counseling and guidance.
- General knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of principles and methods of teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- HIPAA - Knowledge of requirements for the safe handling of protected health information.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Persuasion - Motivational techniques with others to change their minds or behavior.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Mediating - Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information in speaking so others will understand.
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Originality - The ability to come up with or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
Education, Experience, and Other Requirements:
- Associates degree in in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or a related human service field.
- Must qualify as a BHT or BHP with specific experience and knowledge of co-occurring disorders.
- Minimum of two years of the field of co-occurring disorders.
- Valid Arizona or other state driver's license.
- Valid automobile insurance.
- Valid CPR/First Aid certifications or ability to obtain within thirty (30) days of hire.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card or ability to obtain within ninety (90) days of hire.
- Three (3) year MVR (driving record) that meets the agency's auto insurance carrier's coverage requirements.
- Bilingual preferred, but not required.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Resilient Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer andis dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibitunlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of race, religion,color, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information (includingresults of genetic testing), military status, sexual orientation, genderidentity or expression, or any other status protected by applicable state or locallaw.
American's with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Religious Accommodation
The Agency will make reasonable accommodation for qualifiedindividuals with known disabilities and for employees whose work requirementsinterfere with a religious belief, unless doing so results in an undue hardshipto the Agency or a direct threat to health or safety.
Where You'll be Located: 2255 W. Northern Ave. Phoenix, AZ 85021
If all of this sounds like something you wereborn to do, then we would love to hear from you! Please Apply!