Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Resilient Health
Are you doing what you love? We are!
Why? At our core, we are a resiliency-building company. Our purpose is to unleash the power of our employees and participants to create a resilient world, one person at a time.
As an innovative, learning and collaborative organization, every position contributes to this purpose and our employees are the heart and soul of who we are. We support healthy work/life balance for our employees and invest in their potential through opportunities for continual learning and growth.
If this resonates with you, then read on!
About our Medical Assistant Position:
This is a DUAL position that is responsible for The Medical Assistant providing is clinical and administrative and clinical support to medical and psychiatric providers, registered nurses, office staff and participants. In addition to essential functions, this position is expected to provide exceptional service to Resilient Health consumers.
What a Medical Assistant Does at Resilient Health:
- Prepare charts for daily and future visits as needed, including making sure all test results and outside records are available.
- Triage patient calls.
- Administrative tasks, such as, schedule participant's appointments, medical data entry, answering phones, scheduling patients, insurance verifications, patient financial obligations, etc.
- Review all lab results and ensure that provider is aware of all abnormal results.
- Clinical duties may include performing venipuncture, capillary puncture, administering injectable and oral medications as ordered by provider, wound care, dressing change, EKG, urine testing.
- Provide patient information regarding health maintenance, disease prevention, and treatment plans.
- Obtain pre-certifications and/or pre-authorizations as requested.
- Coordination of care.
- Prep & stock rooms and assist with procedures as needed and clean rooms between patients.
- Perform lab draws using aseptic technique.
- Room patients for provider as necessary.
- Performs vital signs as necessary and document tasks accurately into Electronic Medical Records.
- Assist with prescription refills.
- Maintain and work file for follow-up issues
- Coordinating lab pick up courier as needed
- Comply with all regulatory requirements including OSHA, HIPAA, Compliance and other requirements that may be mandated.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic administrative tasks.
- Knowledge of health care field and medical office protocols/procedures.
- Knowledge of specific assisting tasks related to particular medical practice.
- Knowledge of information that must be conveyed to participants and families.
- Skill in performing medical assistance tasks appropriately.
- Skill in customer service.
- Skill in understanding patient education needs by effectively sharing information with patients and families.
- Ability to effectively relate information one on one to patients and coworkers.
- Ability to learn and retain information regarding patient care procedure.
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and experience with EMR preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to project a pleasant and professional image.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and complete delegated tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with others.
Education, Experience, and Other Requirements:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED and Medical Assistant training course completion
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred.
- Preferred two years of professional work experience in Behavioral Health.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; computer literate with previous experience utilizing Microsoft Office applications in a network environment.
- Must possess knowledge and use of computerized software programs.
- Must be able to work in a culturally diverse environment.
- Must have DPS Level One Fingerprint clearance.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Must meet all contracting and licensing requirements for agency personnel.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Resilient Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer andis dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibitunlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of race, religion,color, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information (includingresults of genetic testing), military status, sexual orientation, genderidentity or expression, or any other status protected by applicable state or locallaw.
American's with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Religious Accommodation
The Agency will make reasonable accommodation for qualifiedindividuals with known disabilities and for employees whose work requirementsinterfere with a religious belief, unless doing so results in an undue hardshipto the Agency or a direct threat to health or safety.Where You'll be Located: 3271 E. Queen Creek Rd. Gilbert, AZ 85297
If all of this sounds like something you were born to do, then we would love to hear from you! Please Apply!