Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner FT
at Resilient Health
Are you doing what you love? We are! Why? At our core, we are a resiliency-building company. Our purpose is to unleash the power of our employees and participants to create a resilient world, one person at a time.
As an innovative learning and collaborative organization, every position contributes to this purpose and our employees are the heart of who we are. We support healthy work/life balance for our employees and invest in their potential through opportunities for continual learning and growth.
If this resonates with you, we’d love for you apply!
Plan, organize and provide ongoing medication management for new and existing patients.
- Conduct initial psychiatric evaluations periodic medication management and monitoring visits.
- Timely documentation of visits and review of diagnostic test results with documentation of course of action.
- Renewing and refilling medication to the best of their ability to avoid lapses in treatment.
- Provide emergency face-to-face counseling and/or crisis intervention as needed to avert, or in response to client relapse.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with community agencies, case managers, primary care providers, psychiatrists and other members of the clinical team.
- Participate in clinical staffing and individual service planning sessions with the RN, case managers, treatment staff, family members and other stakeholders to identify and meet clients’ treatment needs.
- Educates the patient in understanding the disease process with guidance regarding preventative practices necessary to manage acute and chronic conditions
- Orders diagnostic tests and screening evaluations
- Offers case consultation and clinical training to Resilient team members
- Assist clients in identifying and pursuing effective treatment goals.
- Identify the types and amounts of support clients require to remain independent despite acute and chronic diseases.
- Maintain information on community resources for clients’ assistance and support, with support from team members.
- Provide education, assistance and support to family members and others involved with the client to enhance awareness of mental and emotional illness and to increase their ability to contribute to the rehabilitation process.
- Maintain consumer records, treatment statistics and other documentation according to agency standards.
- Participate in oversight of the health, safety and welfare of clients in the treatment programs.
- Provide back-up medication management services as needed.
- Maintain licensure with state of Arizona and provide Resilient Health with copy of license.
- Other duties as negotiated.
The Nurse Practitioner must be licensed as an RN and hold an Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner certification from the Arizona State Board of Nursing as a Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (across the lifespan). Must have the ability to assess and treat children as well as adults.
- Must hold a current and valid license to practice in the State of Arizona.
- Must have full prescription authority and maintain current D.E.A. licensure.
- Prefer at least two (2) years' experience in a Behavioral Health setting or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- Bilingual preferred but not required.
- Current and valid certification in first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation and valid driver’s license.
Psychiatric assessment and medication management.
- Understanding of the recovery principles and importance of peer involvement.
- Self-awareness and how it relates to daily interactions and responses.
- Principles and methods of psychosocial rehabilitation.
- Special needs and characteristics of the client population.
- Trauma informed care.
- Motivational Interviewing.
- Methods used to prevent violent behavior or behavior harmful to the client or others.
- How to provide behavior management in crisis situations.
- Indications, common side effects, reactions and interactions of medications commonly used by the client population.
- Where to access resources for assistance.
- How to document patient treatment and progress according to accepted professional and agency standards.
- How to work with clients that have multiple challenges (mental health, substance abuse, poverty, medical issues, trauma, and criminal behavior.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in electronic medical record documentation
- Psychiatric assessment, evaluation and medication management.
- Outreach and engagement with hard to engage clients or disengaged clients.
- Creative, energetic, flexible and to serve as a healthy role model for clients.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work independently
- Open-mindedness and collaborative care oriented
Proof of TB test (negative results) and a Hep B vaccination and/or waiver
Must be able to life and carry boxes/packages up to 50 pounds as needed. Must be able to push and pull file cabinet/desk drawers open and closed daily.
Sits in a chair at a desk for extended numbers of hours each workday: moves from office to office. Must be able to retrieve items/supplies on overhead shelves and bend/stoop to reach files located in bottom file cabinets. Drives to and from various locations of service delivery; may drive for up to six hours per day.
Manual dexterity sufficient to use calculator, telephone, keyboard and various office machines on a daily basis and be able to write. Must be able to communicate both in person and on the telephone, enter information on the computer and read various instructions. Be able to read numbers, reports, and computer terminals.
Must be able to analyze many variables and choose the most effective course of action. Personal maturity is an important attribute. Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict, and make effective decisions under pressure. Ability to give, receive, and analyze information, prepare written materials, and articulate goals and action plans. Ability to do simple math calculations, input data into the computer, and analyze data.