Sandoval Regional Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MRI Technologist PRN
at Sandoval Regional Medical Center
MRI Technologist PRN
|Location:||Rio Rancho, NM|
DIRECTOR OF RADIOLOGY
Job Summary and Scope
Under the general supervision of the shift supervisor, provide patient services in a hospital setting. Perform magnetic resonance imaging, CT and x-ray ensuring safety to patients, family members, staff and self in accordance with ALARA. Assist in other areas of department as needed, provide quality control, serve as clinical liaison for inpatient’s explaining processes and educating families. Perform equipment operation, troubleshooting and appropriate care. Evaluate and assist in safety training for hospital staff. For Diagnostic MRI, apply principles of MRI protection. The delivery of quality service and positive interaction with customers is critical to the completion of all tasks. Serve as a role model to promote the SRMC Values, a positive work environment and efficient, quality patient care. Ensure adherence to Hospitals and departmental policies and procedures. Patient care assignment may include; adolescent, adult and geriatric age groups.
- POLICIES AND PROCEDURES - Maintain established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, and quality assurance programs
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT - Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading current literature, attending in-services, meetings and workshops.
- Perform MRI, CT and diagnostic radiographic procedures to include portables, OR, operate imaging equipment, computer and other assistive devices
- Follow Radiology Department protocols and perform x-ray evaluations per medical provider orders
- Prepare digital images for viewing by Radiologist or medical provider
- Determine appropriate methodology and techniques to use in administering procedures; calibrate and adjust equipment as appropriate; arranges immobilization and/or support devices for proper patient positioning; adjust shields;
- Evaluate imaging for technical qualities and remedies, provide corrective action to improve quality
- Observe patient and equipment during procedures, document patient reactions or problems on requisition and report immediately to supervisor
- Complete and verify all appropriate paperwork involved in but not limited to exams, patient education, lab results, and patient checklists
- Prepare patient for MRI, CT or radiographic procedures as appropriate to requirements; evaluate patient’s condition; assume care for the patients physical needs; explain procedures to patients and position patients as appropriate to prescribed procedure; assist patients at end of procedure
- Maintain a clean environment; cleans and disinfects equipment in accordance with sterile procedures and standards
- Maintain stock supply levels through inventory
- Assist in interdepartmental service coordination
- Instruct specific units of didactic and/or clinical education as required to students, clinical staff and residents
- Promote continuous improvement of workplace safety by identifying and reporting/correcting environmental conditions and/or situations that put a patient or employee at undue risk such as medical errors, and/or near misses
- Follow patient safety -related policies, procedures and protocols.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
SRMC Core Values
Integrity: Our words and actions match our values
To Serve: We put the needs of others before our own
Excellence: We strive to exceed expectations and/or standards in every activity, every encounter, and every initiative
Safety/Quality: We provide evidence based care, programs, services, and an environment that achieves the best outcomes
Teamwork: We enjoy the ability and power to work collaboratively to deliver exceptional service
- Position doesn’t have the scope of decision making, budget, assets and planning responsibilities.
- Skill to communicate and interact with patients, families, physicians and staff
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be aware of and sensitive to cultural and bilingual issues
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services to pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients
- Knowledge of mathematics
- Skill in applying independent judgment
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions and irregular hours
- Ability to interpret and assess data effectively
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments
- Ability to be aware and respond to patient needs
Education: Graduate from an accredited radiology program
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists License
- Radiologic Technologist Certification (RTC) State of New Mexico
- Obtain American Registry of Radiologic Technologist MRI Certification (ARRT-MRI) within 1 year of date of position
- CPR- obtain within 30 days of date of position
- Obtain IV verification w/in 3 months of position
Preferred Educational/Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- One (1) year directly related work experience
- Job is not supervisory in nature
Conditions of Employment
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check, reference checks and a post offer drug screen.
- Must be employment eligible as verified by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA).
- Tuberculin Skin Test required annually
- Hospital required vaccinations
- Hospital required competencies
- Typical office and/or patient care, acute care hospital environment.
- Must be able to travel locally between facilities and within the surrounding community.
- Occasional exposure to minimal physical risk
- Extensive travel
- Substantial overtime
- Evening meetings
- On-call status
- Exposure to contagious disease
- Exposure to chemicals
- Heavy lifting
- Constant standing
- Extensive close work
- Extensive computer work
- Dealing with hostile, upset people
- Dealing with grief and sorrow
- Exposure to Radiation