SOS Children's Village
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dependency Case Manager
at SOS Children's Village
Coordinate services in an effort to promote the safety, well-being and permanency of each individual client.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Actively participate in the intake and placement process, providing each client with an orientation on the day of placement.
- Manage the case of the dependent child and their family ensuring that they receive all of the necessary services needed to obtain permanency.
- Gather information about the clients and their families concerning the case and begin the assessment and case planning process to support decision making by the court
- Create and maintain accurate up-to-date case files for each client on caseload, updating it regularly.
- Collaborate with house staff, caregivers, and parents to assess the client’s needs.
- Coordinate the services for all clients and their families to address their individual needs and their family needs.
- Attend and participate in all case conference, team meetings, staffing and court hearings.
- Conduct preliminary assessment of the child(ren) to determine if a CPA is warranted; e.g. sexual perpetrator, physically assaultive, sexual offender, juvenile sexual offender, fire setting, human trafficking, animal cruelty, self-harm etc.
- Coordinate and supervise family meetings as needed for the clients and their families to encourage maintenance of family ties.
- Provide crisis intervention services as needed to the clients and direct care staff on a 24-hour basis, alternating on-call coverage with other program staff.
- Assist, substitute for, or help other staff when called upon to ensure safety and continuity of coverage and care or treatment of SOS clients.
- Conduct follow-up with Child Protective Investigator (CPI) to obtain information and forward to the service center
- Perform other professional duties/tasks that may be assigned by the Director of Case Management in order to enhance the safety, welfare, and treatment of SOS clients.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS JOB
- Must be able to work under tight schedules and possess the ability to handle pressure associated with deadlines.
- Must have own reliable transportation and the ability to obtain and show proof of insurance.
- Must have an active and current Child Welfare Case Manager (CWCM) certification.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and maintain self-control in the face of hostility or provocation.
- Must possess verbal and written communication skills.
Spanish speaking candidate highly preferred.