Southwest Behavioral & Health Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Southwest Behavioral & Health Services
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
We are seeking a Medical Assistant to join our Northern Landing Residential Program!
Work schedule is Monday through Friday 8 AM to 4 PM or 9 AM to 5 PM. Flexible schedule offered!
Working as a Medical Assistant, you will assist in progressive programmatic development using an integrative model of care with consideration of both behavioral and physical health issues. Provides life skills, wellness and prevention activities, pre-vocational training, related documentation, case management, and crisis intervention to seriously mentally ill consumers with co-morbid medical issues in a residential environment. Plays a significant role in providing input, treatment, and coordination for physical health, wellness, and prevention as a member of the clinical team on site.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides direct service with consumers including life skills training, behavior management, health promotion and education, and crisis intervention.
- Responsible for coordination of care with medical providers and bringing together an integrative team.
- Assist staff in understanding and integrating physical health into behavioral health treatment.
- Provides prevention and interventions that help consumers maintain their recovery.
- Provides holistic wellness training, education, and activities.
- Promotes positive communication and partnerships with consumers and professionals
- Plans and organizes Social- Recreational activities.
- Maintains productivity expectations and clinical documentation in a timely manner
- Attend and participate in in-service training sessions and related training opportunities as made available.
- Will be expected to accompany, supervise and assist consumers in the community.
- Assist consumers with community integration.
- Works from a Recovery Model framework
- Will be expected to drive a vehicle to transport consumers
Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age, a High School Diploma or G.E.D & 6 weeks of behavioral health work experience.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant training program required. Certified Medical Assistant highly preferred.
- College level course work and/or Associate’s degree with an emphasis in Human Services, Social Work, Counseling and Psychology preferred.
- Required to maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and pass motor vehicle screening for insurance purposes in order to transport clients, based upon need/requirements of the clinic and/or program.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaking preferred.