Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Patient Services Specialist
at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Sr Patient Services Specialist
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
351901 - SON Combest Center Lbk
This position is responsible for assuring smooth operation of the front clinic patient flow. Employees serve as primary contacts for patients and are responsible for scheduling appointments, preparing necessary paperwork before the patient visits, receiving patients, and maintaining records. In addition, this position may responsible for processing charges for clinic services, filing insurance claims, responding to requests for information from patients and insurance companies and maintaining related information for the department. Employees may be responsible for cash.
Up to 25%
The primary objective of this position is to provide excellent customer service to the patients of the TTUHSC SON Larry Combest clinics to meet patient health care needs. This position is responsible for assuring smooth operations of the clinics through verification of patient insurance for proper billing protocols.
The employee is is responsible for:
- Complete insurance verifications using pre-visit Enterprise Task Management (ETM) system.
- Employee in this position must have a clear knowledge base and understanding of how to handle sensitive information in order to be 100% HIPAA compliant.
- Adhere to the institutional and departmental policies and procedures for best practices.
- Enters relevant patient data into EHR.
- Assist with opening and distributing mail.
- Assist with handling incoming checks and credit cards in preparation for deposits.
- Scan payments and deposit batches into the secured identified SON server for the Combest.
- Receive and process medical record requests.
- Assist supervisor in reconciling monthly batch reports.
Minimum Hire Rate
This position is for day shift, Mon - Fri, May occasionally be asked to cover for evening and weekend staff.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally in English and Spanish and non-verbally in writing with all staff, departments, and patients.
- Ability to critically think and analyze information for proper protocol and distribution.
- Have the ability to pass a security check for the EHR system.
- Prior work with practice management systems and electronic health record systems.
- Have the ability to pass a credit check to be able to handle monies.
- Able to understand and follow instructions with much attention to detail.
- Able to operate general office equipment and machines.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to properly handle security sensitive information.
- Knowledge of HIPAA practices and release of information.
- Ability to accurately enter data in the EHR system at 95% accuracy.
- Knowledgeable in verifying insurance such as Medicare, Medicaid, and all third party carrier coverage.
HSC - Lubbock
SON Combest Center Lbk
Professional/Personal References, Recommendation/Referral, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Information and Records Clerks
Employee may service as backup coverage for front office staff. Duties associated with this coverage include:
- Serving as the initial point of contact for patients.
- Responsible for handling all incoming calls, scheduling appointments, patient registration, collecting fees and payments, and reconciliation of monies in cash drawer.
- Make reminder calls for patient appointments as needed.
- Assist patients in completing forms as needed.
- Assist supervisor in generating data for reporting purposes as needed.
- May be asked to cover evening & weekend occasionally.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
High school diploma or equivalent. 3 years Customer Service, office or related experience, with 2 of those years in a healthcare setting preferred. Additional education may substitute for the experience requirement.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?