The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ASST MGR, SECURITY/CAPTAIN
at The Geo Group
Facility: CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN (CMRC)
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position maintains a continuous state of alertness and awareness to control and secure the facility and residents by supervising the performance of all personnel within the Security department, according to internal and external standards and other regulatory or contractual requirements to ensure compliance.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors facility security systems daily to ensure systems are functioning properly (gates, radios, locks, etc.), and reports to the management daily.
- Prepares monthly written reports on the status of security systems and sanitation levels.
- Reviews work schedule daily for operations/security personnel to ensure compliance with minimum contract staffing requirements. Ensures appropriate relief staff is properly dressed.
- Ensures staff schedules are maintained efficiently to minimize the need for overtime to meet minimal staff coverage requirement.
- Ensures proper processing and documentation of all incoming residents as well as those being released in compliance with internal and external policies and procedures so that the process takes place in an efficient and safe manner and that proper tracking occurs.
- Oversees ordering, distribution and inventory of household supplies for resident use, ensuring budgetary control is maintained and products are used safely and properly.
- Reviews daily payroll for all operations/security staff, ensuring proper documentation is completed and submitted management for review and approval so that staff is properly paid in a timely manner.
- Ensures all staff attend prescribed training and when directed. Assists in presenting classroom training for facility staff.
- Maintains accurate records of all security equipment and conduct monthly inventory to ensure equipment is accounted for properly.
- Maintains up-to-date logs of all disciplinary reports (DRs) written by staff regarding resident infractions. Monitor timeframes for processing DRs to ensure contract compliance.
- Updates all post orders as directed by management. Ensures post orders and policies and procedures are read and signed by staff as required.
- Ensures proper documentation and record keeping logs are accurate for urinalysis testing and breath tests conducted by security personnel. Submits monthly reports. Orders U/A and breath testing equipment as necessary.
- Conducts audits of medications and documentation required within the Medication Room in order to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, contractual, and regulatory requirements.
- Provides direct leadership and supervision to personnel assigned to the Medication room, ensuring that medications are accounted for, stored, administered, and otherwise handled in accordance with facility policies and/or regulatory statutes.
- Maintains records on operations/security staff training, overtime, and attendance. Submits written reports to management.
- Supervises the property room, ensuring all residents’ property is accounted for properly and inventory forms are up-to-date. Supervise the inventory and security of resident’s property (items not allowed at the facility) and completion of property inventory forms upon arrival. Responsible for issuance of proper clothing and linen. Upon release, ensure the return of those personal items secured upon resident’s arrival.
- Supervises staff in the dining hall during meal hours, including random pat-down searches of residents exiting the dining hall to ensure food are not being taken to the sleeping areas.
- Provides input to management for the purpose of reviews, salary action, promotion, transfer or disciplinary action. Responsible for administering disciplinary personnel action when necessary, and prepares performance evaluations under direction of the manager.
- Monitors all facility counts of residents. Prior to completion of assigned shift, reviews and signs all count slips, ensuring building monitors taking the count and the control room monitor have signed all count slips.
- Patrols facility regularly to ensure it is free of unauthorized individuals and/or equipment. Ensures exceptional sanitary levels are being maintained throughout the facility.
- Prepares shift documentation (i.e., end of shift reports, work orders, security reports, unusual incidents, etc.) that is legible and concise and that meets internal and external standards and requirements.
- Relieves Shift Supervisors for off days, vacations, sick leave, etc. as needed. Participates in the on-call supervisor rotation responding to facility issues or incidents outside of work hours.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff in a manner that promotes a team spirit and a sense of cooperation.
- Completes in-service training to meet the requirements for continued personal and professional self-development. (Full-time employees forty (40) hours per year and proportionate hours for all other classifications of employees.)
- Comply with work rules and policies as explained in the company Employee Handbook, and the Facility Policies and Procedures Manual; and respond positively to directives from management in a cooperative spirit to ensure conformance to standards.
- Adhere to Attendance Policy; be able to work all shifts; work overtime as required to ensure adequate coverage of the program and to ensure the safety and security of the residents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree (may substitute at one year of experience for one year of college)
- Four (4) years related experience (i.e.: security, criminal justice, military, corrections, and community based services).
- Familiar with community correctional operations.
- Computer literate, strong oral and written communication skills, add, subtract, multiply, divide and calculate percentages. Demonstrated supervisory skills and able to effectively interact with residents and staff, able to react quickly and appropriately to emergency situations. Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred, but not mandatory.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.