The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
BILINGUAL MONITORING TECH SUPPORT SPECIALIST
at The Geo Group
Facility: ANDERSON - MONTORING CENTER
Compensation Base: 13.21/hr
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Starting Pay $13.21 per hour for Bilingual (Spanish/English), $11.54 per hour Non-Bilingual. After 90 days, employee is eligible for Pay for Performance program with current employees averaging over $5.00/hr additional pay.
Bilingual (Spanish/English) employees receive a $2,500.00 sign on bonus upon completion of training and obtaining a Favorable Suitability Determination through the Department of Homeland Security. Non-Bilingual receive a $1,500 sign on bonus after completion of training and obtaining a Favorable Suitability Determination through the Department of Homeland Security.
- Accepts inbound phone calls from contracted agency personnel. Processes alerts according to contract requirements and provides timely, accurate and effective troubleshooting of elevated hardware and software issues with customer equipment and systems. Acts as a liaison between Monitoring Operations, Monitoring Customer Service, Training, and other departments as required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes alerts and responds to customer inquiries made by phone or email including special accounts requiring a high level of service
- Accepts inbound phone calls, troubleshoots, diagnoses and escalates hardware and software issues with customer equipment and software as necessary.
- Provides advanced troubleshooting and support on customer issues with hardware and software for all monitoring operations departments.
- Provides communication to internal departments and management on the status of hardware and software issues being worked.
- Recommends efficiencies and/or solutions for issues with hardware and software platforms.
- Ability to communicates technical troubleshooting concepts to a non-technical audience and ensure understanding.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, or two to three years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- 2 years’ experience in an information technology support/helpdesk role required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Basic knowledge of hardware and software platforms and the ability to acquire solid knowledge of Company electronic monitoring products quickly.
- Intermediate level IT and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (in both English and Spanish if bilingual).
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Flexibility in handling special projects and assignments.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Strong ability to diagnose, analyze, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Ability to provide technical mentoring to peers.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize appropriately.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Must be able to obtain a Favorable Suitability Determination through the Department of Homeland Security.
- Must be a US Citizen.