The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: RA ATLANTIC CITY NJ
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position manages a caseload of participant cases by administering the policies and procedures of the program as directed by the contracting agency and the Program Manager or Supervising Case Manager. Learns, uses and models principles of the “What Works” system through evidence-based practices in all interactions with participants and other staff members. This position reports on program operations to ensure that all requirements of the criminal justice system are met.
THIS IS A FULL TIME POSITION IN THE ATLANTIC CITY (CRC) COMMUNITY RESOURCE CENTER
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Regularly meets with the Supervised Offender to review progress and ensure the Supervised Offender is attending required programming activities;
- Ensuring efficient management of casework functions as well as being responsible for monitoring each Supervised Offender’s progress and recommending corrective measures to the assigned NJSPB representative when progress is substandard;
- Possession of a broad, in-depth knowledge of the program modalities and services of the Contractor’s program to ensure an appropriate match for the Supervised Offender; and
- Initiation and final preparation of the discharge/continuing care plan and forwarding of all documentation to the NJSPB or the agency responsible for the offenders’ supervision upon discharge.
- To learn and develop proficiency in Client Services Specialist’s duties, including opening and closing the office, and performing participant intakes, check-ins, breath analysis and drug screens, to provide backup when necessary.
- Manages a participant caseload using principles of the “What Works” system. Conducts risk/need assessments and creates individual treatment plans for each assigned participant. Meets regularly with participants and documents participants’ progress or regress in Company database.
- Conducts orientation meetings with new participants to explain program rules and regulations. Verbally explains the participant contract in detail to ensure that the participant understands his/her responsibilities.
- Sets participant schedules and specifies all approved activities based on sentencing information. Approves temporary schedule changes for approved activities.
- Monitors participant compliance with all outside treatment or community connection referrals.
- Reports all program violations to the appropriate agency or official via the established reporting parameters.
- Reports on the status of program operations regularly to ensure all necessary documentation is prepared for court review.
- May facilitate psycho-educational/behavior modification groups each week. Documents participants’ attendance, participation and progress in Company database.
- May testify in court regarding participants’ compliance with court orders.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Social Services required.
- One (1) year of experience in casework duties providing services to the Supervised Offender population.
- Ability to become certified in cognitive behavioral skills within 60 days of being hired
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker preferred
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred.
- Drivers license required
- The ability to become certified in cognitive behavioral skills within 60 days of being hired.
- Substance abuse or domestic violence certification or the ability to become certified preferred.
- Basic knowledge of case management, referral services and interventions in both group and individual modalities.
- Basic knowledge of criminal justice system.
- Good presentation, public speaking and facilitation skills.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Problem solving ability.
- Good interpersonal skill; Basic computer skills; Typical office environment.
- Position requires direct contact with participants.
- Sufficient organizational skills to keep the workflow on-going in an orderly manner.
- Express thoughts logically, in both written and verbal form using correct grammar.
- Demonstrate flexibility in order to perform a wide range of duties