The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CLIENT SERVICES SPECIALIST I
at The Geo Group
Facility: RS FRESNO CTY CA DRC
Compensation Base: $12.00 Per Hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position provides case management and customer service support for the Reentry Center. Performs participant check-in procedures and assists case managers with case coordination and documentation. Learns, uses and models principles of the “What Works” system through evidence-based practices in all interactions with participants and other staff members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Checks-in all participants entering the facility. May complete drug screens according to assigned random schedule for each participant check-in.
- May perform breath analysis on each participant who enters the facility for any purpose and provides a written or computerized result.
- Completes initial intake process with participants to completion, including intake paperwork, input into Company database, and assignment of groups and other services.
- Provides general office administration duties, including answering phones. Provides general customer service to all who enter the facility, including participants, customers and the general public.
- Assists case managers with case coordination, communication with appropriate official agencies, and preparation and distribution of reports.
- Files, prepares charts and performs data entry as assigned.
- May collect participant payments, post payments on Company database, and make daily cash deposits.
- May be responsible for office opening and closing procedures.
- May be responsible to install and/or de-install electronic monitoring equipment on participants, and forward documentation to the appropriate agencies and the Company monitoring center.
- May transport participants to the center, community service events, job fairs, employment centers, clinics, etc. using Company vehicle.
- May clean electronic home monitoring (EHM) equipment.
- May facilitate orientation and psycho-educational/behavior modification groups on a weekly basis. Documents participants’ attendance, participation and progress in Company database.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good customer service skills.
- Effective communication skills with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Solid computer skills and proficiency with MS Word and Excel.
- Basic database skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) skills may be required.
Education or Formal Training:
- High school diploma required.
- Two (2) years college coursework in Human Services or business discipline preferred.
- Minimum of six months experience in Human Services field with direct participant services preferred.
- Minimum of six months experience working with minority populations preferred.