The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: ABRAXAS ACADEMY
Compensation Base: $15.00/Hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
The Counselor provides a full range of counseling/case management services to delinquent/dependent youth.
- Coordinates and implements case management activities.
- Develops and implements treatment plans including SELF Service Plans, MAYSI, Court Reports, RPP and other reports as assigned.
- Provides weekly individual counseling and related documentation.
- Participates in, coordinates and communicates pertinent client information, RPP Meetings, and Sanctuary Meetings for their caseload.
- Writes progress/court reports as necessary and discharge summaries.
- Maintains regular contact and communicates effectively with juvenile probation officers/case workers, including them in the treatment process and updating them on clients’ progress.
- Maintains regular contact and communicates effectively with parents/legal guardians.
- Maintains client files in accordance with contractual and licensing requirements.
- Participates in team meetings.
- Ensures clients are prepared for transport to court.
- Ensures accurate billing and statistical reporting for clients on caseload.
- Ensures communication of pertinent information to outside agencies to assist in providing basic needs for clients such as IEP’s, prior drug abuse or mental health history.
- Completes client satisfaction index at time of discharge.
- Completes referrals and intake processes.
- Assists with client behaviors and unit operations as needed.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
- The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- Associate’s degree or 60 credit hours from an accredited college/university.
- May require the ability to speak fluent Spanish.
- Other Qualifications:
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.