The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Immigration Case Manager, Sr. (Spanish Bilingual)
at The Geo Group
Facility: ISAP JACKSON MS
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Immigration Case Manager (Government)
Experienced Case Managers—a world of opportunities awaits you! Are you looking for the kind of opportunity that truly challenges you to use the skills you’ve worked so hard to build? We can help!
We are looking for Immigration Case Managers to fill the role of Senior Case Manager for the Intensive Supervision Appearance Program (ISAP). This alternative to detention program aims to supervise individuals who are navigating the U.S. immigration court system. In this dynamic role, you will use your criminal justice background and experience in case management to assist ISAP participants following the guidelines of our Department of Homeland Security contract. Utilizing a combination of face-to-face case management meetings, electronic monitoring technologies and home visits to engage participants and drive compliance you will ensure that participants attend court hearings and comply with conditions set by DHS.
This is a great opportunity to continue building your career in criminal justice, psychology and/or social work and case management. If you are passionate about influencing positive changes in the lives of others, this may be the right opportunity for you!
- Provides case management of Intensive Supervision Appearance Program (ISAP) participants from entry to release by administering the program’s policies and procedures as defined by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) contract.
- This position may serve as a team lead in a large ISAP office, a senior level Case Specialist.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, implements, coordinates, reviews and updates case management and service plans for ISAP participants in conformance with state and federal regulations and program requirements. Meets with participants face-to-face regularly as required by contractual obligations.
- Develops and maintains accurate and complete case records for all ISAP participants from entry to release from ISAP. Proactively manages cases using all appropriate tools and techniques. Maintains confidentiality of all records.
- May oversee the day-to-day activities of the Intensive Case Supervision Specialists if acting as a team lead. Maintains log of Intensive Case Supervision Specialists activities.
- Manages program participant violations, including no-shows and repeat violators. Prepares documentation to acquire Department of Homeland (DHS) direction and action if disciplinary measures are necessary.
- Administers Security Plan for a specific office, including daily operations, security contingencies, emergencies and mitigation plans, security of Company and DHS employees, clients and the general public. Performs daily security check of the office area. Ensures that all participant records are kept in locked files to maintain confidentiality. Prepares written reports for DHS as necessary.
- Reviews and approves program participants’ service plans to ensure compliance with state requirements and contractual obligations.
- Conducts intake interview and orientation session with each ISAP participant within contractual timeframes and requirements.
- Installs electronic monitoring equipment on ISAP participants as necessary and monitors compliance with electronic monitoring program.
- Evaluates English proficiency of ISAP participants to determine resources necessary to promote clear communication between ISAP staff and the participants.
- Coordinates and facilitates translation services for ISAP participants, including emergency translation services.
- Provides ISAP participants with a list of community resources including, but not limited to, transportation, medical, educational, financial, legal, religious and other social adjustment or facilitative resources. Identifies and coordinates services as required.
- Supervises ISAP participants while in Company offices.
- Establishes schedules for ISAP participants that include, but are not limited to, recreation, life skills, chores, counseling as needed, group interaction, free time, religious services, visitation, immigration Court appearances, and access to legal services.
- Reviews service plans, conducts risk/needs assessments and writes progress reports on a regular basis in compliance with contractual obligations.
- Reports on program violations in a timely manner using established reporting parameters.
- Conducts home visits to verify ISAP participants’ places of residence in compliance with contractual obligations.
- Performs emergency counseling for ISAP participants as needed.
- Conducts monthly audits of a specific office to ensure all program operations comply with the Quality Control Plan and contractual obligations. Prepares corrective action plans as necessary.
- Serves as the point of contact for DHS in the Program Manager’s absence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
As the Senior Case Manager you must have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, and demonstrated tact when interacting with employees, community contracts, government official, and participants. You will also need demonstrated sound judgment and even temperament with the ability to deal tactfully with the public. If this describes you, apply today!
Additional requirements include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology, Psychology, Social Work, Criminal Justice, or related social services/human service field
- At least two years’ relevant experience in a field related to law, social work, detention, corrections, government, or similar field
- Bi-lingual language skills, required
- Experience dealing with multicultural clients
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with employees, community contacts, government officials and participants. Ability to interpret and articulate rules, orders, instructions and materials. Ability to compose reports.
- Ability to maintain self-control in stressful situations such as interpersonal confrontations or emergencies, or defuse hostile or unstable situations
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Basic knowledge of immigration laws, regulations, and procedures
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office and the Internet
- Ability to interpret electronic monitoring messages and daily summary reports
- Ability to type 35 words per minute to develop and maintain case records by performing data entry.
- US citizenship required.
- Drivers’ License required.
- Ability to pass a federal background check and obtain a suitability determination.
As a Senior Case Manager, you will be part of a stable, established, and yet still growing organization with a great deal of diversification, which will present you with a range of different challenges. Since we do prefer to promote from within, you will have opportunities to move to other facilities as well as to different divisions within the company. We value your hard work and professional dedication and will reward you with a competitive compensation package that includes full benefits.
Your benefits will include:
- Three weeks Paid Time Off
- 11 paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Term life insurance (includes spouse and dependent)
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement program
- Stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Legal program – Legal Club of America
- Direct deposit
- Theme park and attraction discounts
Your world of opportunities begins here! Apply today!