The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: GREAT PLAINS CORRECTONAL FACILITY
Compensation Base: $54,000.00
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Supervises, coordinates, and conducts investigations and intelligence gathering operation efforts pertaining particularly to gangs and security threat groups. Provides intelligence information to the contracting agency and facility management as required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the collection of intelligence and information regarding activities of suspected security threat groups at the facility. Provides significant input into the facility response to identify the security threat of group activities.
- Identifies and tracks suspected and actual gang or security threat group activities at the facility. Records and furnishes information as required by the contracting agency regarding special threat group activities
- Monitors the recording of detainee telephone calls in accord with contracting agency policies and procedures.
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and regulations for custody, security and/or treatment of detainees as they pertain to investigations, gang activities and telephone call monitoring.
- Directs the work of SIS Officers which includes the selection, hiring, evaluating job performance, employee training/development, promoting and any disciplinary action, including termination.
- Develops and delivers training to staff pertaining to investigations, gang activities and telephone call monitoring.
- May conduct special investigations as assigned by management or the contracting agency.
- May perform as liaison with contracting agency, state or local law enforcement agencies to facilitate their investigations.
- May participate in contracting agency gang identification and tracking programs.
- Responds to major institution unusual occurrences as trained.
- Prepares various records and reports as required.
- Performs other investigations and related duties as assigned.
Fluent in Spanish speaking and reading preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Five (5) years experience working in the security function in a correctional setting required. One (1) year in a position requiring supervisory responsibilities preferred. Work experience in gang activities and investigations in a correctional facility is preferred.
- College coursework and advanced training in behavioral sciences, correctional services or related field preferred.
- Must possess a working knowledge of correctional program objectives, applicable court orders and laws and have a general understanding of the requirements for managing a secure correctional facility.
- Demonstration of the abilities needed to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions is required. Must have the ability to make and implement decisions without assistance.
- Must be mature, flexible, intellectually alert, able to command the respect and confidence of inmates and staff.