The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR
at The Geo Group
Facility: GRS MONTEREY CA, DRC
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Conducts and/or facilitates individual and group therapy sessions, which may include drug and alcohol abuse, sex offender, and domestic violence and mental health treatment, and classes, which may include cognitive, educational, GED, life skills, anger management, parenting and employment readiness skills, to provide education and treatment for clients. May communicate directly with customers as required by contractual obligations. Learns, uses and models principles of the “What Works” system through evidence-based practices in all interactions with clients and other staff members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts and/or facilitates intakes, individual, group and family therapy sessions, classes and orientation, following Company curriculum and standards using principles of the “What Works” system.
- Maintains accurate clinical documentation including intake summaries, group notes, discharge summaries, treatment plans and updates. Updates therapeutic logs in a timely manner. Enters pertinent information into Company database.
- Conducts risks/needs assessments and creates individual treatment plans for each assigned client.
- Communicates relevant, accurate and adequate information regarding clients’ needs/concerns/issues to supervisor and other appropriate parties.
- May communicate client status/updates to customers as required by contract.
- Attends regular clinical supervision meeting to ensure communication between team members and collaboration on case management.
- Attends and participates in all staff meetings, workshops and trainings.
- Participates in daily office operations, such as client check-ins and monitoring client urinalysis, as needed to meet the needs of the program.
- May carry a client caseload.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or GED required; BA Degree preferred but not required
- Registered Alcohol Drug Technician (RADT) required; Alcohol and Drug (AOD) Counselor certification recognized by the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) preferred.
- Two (2) years experience providing substance abuse treatment and/or cognitive behavioral therapy services to an offender population preferred
- Ability to interact in a professional manner in both individual and group counseling settings
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bilingual preferred but not required
- Ability to work with a team of professionals and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER