Musical Instrument Museum
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Musical Instrument Museum
The Mission of MIM: The Musical Instrument Museum (MIM) enriches our world by collecting, preserving, and making accessible an astonishing variety of musical instruments and performance videos from every country in the world. MIM offers guests a welcoming and fun experience, incomparable interactive technology, dynamic programming, and exceptional musical performances. MIM fosters appreciation of the world’s diverse cultures by showing how we innovate, adapt, and learn from each other to create music—the language of the soul.
Position Summary: This full-time position will assist with operations and repair of museum properties including preventative maintenance, general repairs, building systems, equipment, and fixtures. This position also has a focus on the overall care, maintenance, and beautification of MIM’s grounds including water features, exterior lighting, and hardscape areas. The Facilities Technician will liaison construction and maintenance activities with exterior trades to include routine landscape contractors. Starting pay $18-$24 per hour based on experience.
- Respond to work requests as required and handle other miscellaneous repairs.
- Perform domestic repairs and maintenance as required on irrigation system and water features.
- Maintains high standards of beautification and cleanliness and inspects grounds for needed maintenance.
- Self-perform checks and maintenance of all exterior features. i.e. water features, exterior stairwells, hardscapes, and building facades.
- Maintenance and care of exterior lighting circuits. (bulbs and cleaning)
- Maintain all electrical, mechanical, and maintenance shop areas for cleanliness.
- Maintain inventory of maintenance tools, equipment, supplies, and materials.
- Perform dock receiving and mailroom duties.
- May be responsible for maintenance of MIM vehicles and other equipment.
- Assist other Facilities Team members with PM’s and Service calls.
- Ensures seating areas, court yards, and other public gathering spots stay well maintained.
- Working closely with landscape, hardscape, asphalt contractors on scheduled days.
Skill / Requirements
- High school diploma preferred or equivalent.
- Bi-lingual English & Spanish preferred.
- Tech savvy with email, text, Microsoft office programs, and smart phone apps.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Previous grounds maintenance/landscaping experience a plus; 2-3 yrs.
- Previous general maintenance or handyman experience preferred; 2-3 yrs.
- Ability to lift 60lbs. repetitively.
- Must be willing and able to perform the fundamental duties in our extreme desert temperatures.
- Willingness to work overtime or holidays if needed.
More information regarding MIM is available at www.mim.org
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter via the link below: