Musical Instrument Museum
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Musical Instrument Museum
The Mission of MIM: The Musical Instrument Museum (MIM) enriches our world by collecting, preserving, and making accessible an astonishing variety of musical instruments and performance videos from every country in the world. MIM offers guests a welcoming and fun experience, incomparable interactive technology, dynamic programming, and exceptional musical performances. MIM fosters appreciation of the world’s diverse cultures by showing how we innovate, adapt, and learn from each other to create music—the language of the soul.
Position Summary: Musical Instrument Museums Facilities Department is currently seeking a Grounds Superintendent. Under specific direction from the Facilities Manager, Crew Member has ongoing responsibility of the overall care, maintenance, and beautification of MIM’s grounds and campus including water features, exterior lighting, paved areas, parking areas, planters, shrubs, and trees. Maintains the shared responsibility of keeping areas free from litter; will participate in construction and maintenance activities alongside exterior trades to include routine landscape contractors.
- Perform and Supervise seasonal grounds duties as directed.
- Maintains high standards of beautification and cleanliness and inspects grounds for needed maintenance.
- Ensures seating areas, court yards, and other public gathering spots stay well maintained.
- Self-perform checks and maintenance of all exterior features. i.e. water features, exterior stairwells, hardscapes, and building facades
- Maintenance and care of exterior lighting circuits (bulbs and cleaning).
- Working closely with landscape, hardscape, asphalt contractors on scheduled days.
- Working alone on tasks and duties when contractors not scheduled.
- Other exterior maintenance duties as assigned.
Skill / Requirements
- High school diploma preferred or equivalent.
- Bi-lingual English & Spanish preferred.
- Tech savvy with email, text, Microsoft office programs, and smart phone apps.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Previous (5 years) commercial grounds maintenance/landscaping experience minimum.
- Familiar with desert shrub, tree, and cacti including proper trimming methods.
- Experience with multi- station irrigation systems.
- Experience with irrigation component installation and repair.
- Knowledgeable in the proper operation of equipment, tools, and procedures of landscape construction and care.
- Experience with landscape lighting circuits and photocell timers.
- Knowledge of fertilizers, insecticides and herbicides used in grounds care.
- Must be willing and able to perform the fundamental landscape duties in our extreme desert temperatures.
- Willingness to work overtime or holidays as needed.
More information regarding MIM is available at www.mim.org
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter via the link below: