The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Ringing up sales on the cash register
- Bagging purchases for the customers
- Keeping sales floor clean and free of debris
- Assist in unloading donations
- Assist customers with loading merchandise
- Return sales items to the proper place when moved by customers
- Assist with the pricing and displaying of items for sale
- Setting up promotional and sales displays
- Answering customer questions or concerns
- Answering thrift store telephone
- Writing up pick-up receipts and giving them to the driver
- Assist in counting and reconciling cash register
- Responsible for promptly reporting to immediate supervisor all accidents, personal injury or property damage
- Act as personal representative of The Salvation Army, supporting its mission, treat all customers and/or donors courteously
- Assist sorters, warehouse workers and truck drivers with their duties when deemed necessary and assigned by the thrift store manager
- Handle other duties as may be deemed necessary and assigned by the thrift store supervisor for the efficient operation of the Thrift Store
Skill / Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds on a regular basis
- Good people skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Employment contingent upon successful completion of a background check
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally help to lift and/or move up to 75. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.