UNM Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN Case Manager
at UNM Medical Group
UNMMG Truman Health Services
Commensurate with experience
# of Openings:
Job Position/Title: RN Case Manager
FLSA : Non- Exempt
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
POSITION IS FOR .70-1.0 FTE
UNM Medical Group, Inc. (UNMMG) is the practice plan organization for physicians and other medical providers associated with the UNM Health Sciences Center. UNM Medical Group, Inc. is a New Mexico non-profit corporation and is an equal opportunity employer. UNMMG offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as tuition assistance, paid leave and 403b retirement for benefits eligible employees.
UNMMG Truman Health Services is seeking enthusiastic nurses to join our fabulous team! We are looking for nurses who align with our vision to provide patient-centered, team based care to people living with HIV and the transgender community. Truman Health Services is a busy clinic with a multidisciplinary team approach to proving exceptional services with an emphasis on holistic care. Our medical home model provides primary health care, behavioral health services and case management as well as chiropractic, acupuncture and medical massage as complimentary pain management modalities.
Truman Health Services is a NCQA Patient Centered Medical Home which provides the highest level of care and latest treatment options for New Mexicans living with HIV, requiring gender services or seeking PrEP. We offer a variety of treatment services utilizing a holistic approach towards supporting our patients'medical, social and mental health needs.
Truman Health Services is seeking an experienced RN, Case Manager to support our patient's unique medical needs.This position is open for a 0. 7 • 1.0 FTE nurse.
This position creates an extraordinary opportunity for a registered nurse to provide patient-centered team-based care to a diverse population of patients. The RN Case Manager should be an exceptional multitasker who can move between tasks, as necessary, to respond to urgent needs. A portion of the responsibilities of this position will be to work in collaboration with the on-site psychiatry team to support patients receiving psychiatric services or behavioral health services and /or who have substance abuse disorder.
The chosen candidate must be focused, able to handle multiple activities at once, have excellent written and oral communication skills, exceptional
computer skills and be very detail oriented.
If you are looking for a fullfiling, challenging position within an amazing, collaborative team of compassionate people, Truman Health Services is the place for you!
Priority will be provided to candidates who are:
- Experienced providing nursing and/or case management services to medically and socially complex populations.
- Experienced in psychiatric nursing.
- Experienced working with the LGBTQ community.
- Experienced working in a community based multi-disciplinary setting.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
The following statements are intended to describe, in broad terms, the general functions and responsibility levels characteristic of positions assigned to this classification. They should not be viewed as an exhaustive list of the specific duties and prerequisites applicable to individual positions that have been so classified.
Provides Registered Nurse case management designed to improve individual and/or family quality of life to a specified client group and their families. Coordinates comprehensive health care and community-based services, home visits, and assessments. Develops, implements, coordinates, and evaluates health care plans in an outpatient environment; collaborates with other health care providers, community service agencies, and schools to coordinate care.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate care and treatment of patients as required for a multidisciplinary, patient centered care team approach.
- Adhere to and promote the core expectations of the Patient Centered Medical Home or Patient Centered 3. Specialty Practice as applicable.
- Identify patients requiring patient case management interventions by utilizing clinic data base and chart review, screenings and referral tracking.
- Review patient information/reports in collaboration with health care team and social case managers. Facilitate and/or participate in conferences providing ongoing evaluation of interdisciplinary dynamics, goals attainment and treatment management.
- Maintain computer-based tracking system and compile reports and records.
- Develop comprehensive collaborative plan of care in collaboration with physicians, RNs and other health care team members and update bi-annually.
- Coordinate the continuity of patient care throughout all health care settings; promote effective communication among public health agencies, UNMH, patients and health care providers.
- Coordinate continuity of patient care upon patients' discharge from hospital including development of care plans and document appropriately.
- Assist in initial assessment of patients, perform patient triage and arrange necessary consents, to include the coordination of discharge or follow-up care.
- Request laboratory and radiology diagnostics; initiate blood work, blood cultures, transfusions and IVs; distribute specimens; follow-up on diagnostic results; provide direct patient care; record all patient care activities in chart and/or data base.
- Conduct nurse intakes for all new patients to the clinic.
- Visit patients in the hospital or other healthcare facilities to ensure linkage to and continuity of care.
- Participate in home visits as needed with other members of the healthcare team to assist in ensuring patients are retained in care.
- Conduct nurse visits to include patient assessment, wound care, medication administration, patient education and other duties within the scope and practice of a RN.
- Manage provider patient panels and proactively track patient’s needs to ensure they receive care to optimize health.
- Conduct telephone and in-person triage of patients with acute care needs and collaborate with providers.
- Assume relief charge duties, when designated.
- Administer IV fluid and injectable medications, assist with procedures, provide wound care and document all nursing care.
- Assist with or institute emergency measures for sudden, adverse developments in patients.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
Associate's Degree in Nursing with at least 2 years of work experience that can be demonstrated to be applicable to the duties and responsibilities specified; including experience in case management and/or working with chronically ill patients. State of New Mexico Licensed Registered Nurse or licensure pending as documented by temporary licensure OR current RN licensure from a state participating in the "multistate privilege to practice" compact with New Mexico. Verification of education and licensure (if applicable) will be required if selected for hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Interpersonal and community relations skills and the ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse groups.
- Knowledge of data management techniques.
Conditions of Employment
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
- Must be employment eligible as verified by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA).
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Fingerprinting, and subsequent clearance, is required.
- Must provide proof of varicella & MMR immunity or obtain vaccinations within 90 days of employment.
- Must obtain annual influenza vaccination.
- If this position is assigned to a clinical area, successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-placement medical evaluation/health screen. Required N-95 mask fitting, testing, vaccinations to include annual TST, Tdap, and Hepatitis B will be determined based on location and nature of position.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Occasional risk exposure to unusual elements such as toxic chemicals, bio-hazardous materials requiring awareness of safety precautions. May include the use of protective equipment.
- Moderate physical activity. Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.