Vista Community Clinic
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Health Educator - HIV-FT-Bilingual Mandatory
at Vista Community Clinic
- Req No.
- Regular Full-Time
- Health Promotion Center
- 40 hrs/wk (M-F 8am to 5pm)
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit, multi-specialty outpatient clinic providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. Located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties, we work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to make a difference in the community. Our competitive compensation and benefits program includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Provide risk reduction counseling to individuals, partner notification and treatment adherence. Provide group level education to diverse populations. Provide risk reduction counseling, health education and counseling, and testing services to at-risk individuals. Assist with the implementation of social media campaigns, and maintain and update social network WebPages including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Oversee completion of program objectives; recommend changes in scope as appropriate. Serve as liaison between program staff, community agencies and local government representatives. Experience providing any type of education to folks and comfortable standing in front of youth to deliver health information.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two years of experience in community education and/or direct patient services
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Valid CA driver's license, current insurance, reliable transportation
- Associates' or Bachelor's degree in related field with work or volunteer experience in community education
- Ability to present information accurately and effectively both verbally and in writing to individuals and groups
- Good verbal and written skills necessary for communication with patients/clients, providers and other staff
- Ability to plan and facilitate internal and community meetings
- Experience/familiarity with computers, Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel), business e-mail communication systems and internet search capabilities