Vista Community Clinic
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Services Representative
at Vista Community Clinic
- Req No.
- US-CA-La Habra
- Regular Full-Time
- Family Medicine
- 40 hrs/wk (M-F 8:00am to 5:00pm, 1 Sat. per month 9:00am to 4:00pm)
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit medical, dental, optometry, chiropracty, acupuncture, behavioral and social services center providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. We provide the highest quality services in clinics located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties. We work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services and education for those who need it most. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to serve our population. If you are selected for this position, you will make a difference in the lives of others and every day, you will make an impact on your community. We have a very competitive compensation and benefits program which includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, AD&D & disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Greet and respond to limited inquiries from patients and customers in a professional manner. Perform a variety of clerical functions. Strong customer service skills are a must.
- Greet patients in-person and via telephone
- Verify insurance eligibility and copy insurance cards
- Perform financial and eligibility screening for clinic programs
- Print daily schedule and confirm next day’s appointments
- Complete appropriate paperwork as needed for patients: school excuses, Head Start forms, etc.
- Make follow-up appointments for referrals from other sites
- Call, reschedule and mail letters to all N/S patients
- Enter and update accurate data in the computer
- Responsible for patients checking in through completing encounters, personal records forms, etc.
- Communicate to patients their length of visit and continuously inform them of the progress
- High school graduate or equivalent
- One year experience in a medical or dental office
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Experience/familiarity with Practice Management and Electronic Dental Records systems, NextGen preferred
- Ability to interface with all levels of personnel in a professional manner
- Excellent customer service skills and commitment to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Ability to type minimum 35 WPM
- Experience/familiarity with Practice Management and Electronic Medical Records systems, NextGen preferred
- Experience/familiarity with computers, Microsoft Office products, business e-mail communication systems and internet search capabilities