Vista Community Clinic
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse - Call Center - Triage
at Vista Community Clinic
- Req No.
- Regular Part-Time
- Nursing Services
- 16 hours/week (2 days) + additional hours as needed
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit multi-specialty outpatient clinic. Providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. Located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties, we work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to serve our population. We offer competitive compensation and benefits program which includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
- Work with physicians, nurses and and patients to assess urgency of patient problems, resolve questions concerning medications, health education, and medical advice within skill level and scope of practice
- Follow through in a timely manner on patient requests
- Submit electronically/fax new prescriptions and refill prescriptions according to physician orders
- Record all prescription/refill information in the medical record
- Serve as a resource to clinic staff regarding medical information, patient assessment, and nursing management of illness
- Assist as needed with “In Person” triage according to Triage policy and document triage in VCC SOAP note
- Graduate of accredited nursing program. Current licensure by the state of California and good standing with the Board of Registered Nurses
- Current CPR certification
- Minimum five years experience in acute care nursing and/or outpatient clinic or medical office; triage experience preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Broad knowledge base of general nursing practice, knowledge of acute practice based on skill level, licensure and scope of practice
- Must be willing and able to work with flexible schedule including evening and weekend hours as needed
- Demonstrated critical thinking, organization and leadership skills; appropriate role modeling
- Excellent nursing assessment skills
- Strong history-taking skill; ability to make quick and accurate assessments and accurately complete documentation
- Ability to relate and communicate well with patients over the telephone, to physicians, and to staff.
- Demonstrated self-direction in establishing priorities and working with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain a high level of precision in judgment, accuracy of assessment and skill in problem solving under stress based on skill level and licensure and scope of practice.
- Experience/familiarity with Practice Management and Electronic Medical Records systems, NextGen preferred