Vista Community Clinic
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Site Assistant (Youth Development)
at Vista Community Clinic
- Req No.
- Regular Part-Time
- Health Promotion Center
- 30 hrs/wk (M-F 9:30am to 4pm)
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit, multi-specialty outpatient clinic providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. Located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties, we work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to make a difference in the community. Our competitive compensation and benefits program includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Provide assistance to the Program Coordinator, supervise activities for high-risk youth at sites, implement program curriculum, work with other subcontractors to design and implement programs for teens. Provide educational assistance to teens, plan and manage all program site activities. Monitor program attendance and participation.
- Work with the REACH Program Coordinator and Program Manager in the developing and implementing recruitment plan for teen program participants
- Assist teens with their homework and other projects
- Assist the subcontractors/facilitators with workshops as needed
- Take part in program activities
- Promote employee and teen safety
- Inform parents and/or legal guardian of teen’s participation in program, of all program events and obtain written permission for teen participation
- Assist with space conflict and other issues that may arise
- High school graduate attending college
- One year experience in assisting students in recreational, homework, and other activities specifically designed for adolescents
- Valid California driver’s license, current vehicle insurance and reliable transportation
- Associate’s degree with experience in assisting students in recreational, homework, and other activities specifically designed for adolescents
- Current CPR and first aid certifications
- California Class B driver’s license eligible
- Strong curriculum presentation skills
- Familiar with youth development and after school programs
- Ability to effectively present information both verbally and in writing, in English and Spanish
- Experience/familiarity with computers, Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel), business e-mail communication systems and internet search capabilities