Wickenburg Community Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Access Manager
at Wickenburg Community Hospital
Under the direction of the CFO leads all aspects of the hospital and clinics patient access responsibilities. Works in close collaboration with other Revenue Cycle leaders. Is a key member of the Revenue Cycle Leadership team.
Essential Job Duties
- Responsible for the day to day supervision of all Hospital and Clinic Patient Access areas.
- Ensures exceptional care and service is provided by Patient Access Staff to patients, visitors, and fellow employees at all times.
- Ensures staff are trained in all policies and processes of registration, scheduling, insurance verifications & authorizations to achieve consistent and quality outcomes.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in such a way to demonstrate and support the organization’s mission and vision.
- Monitor employees’ performance with the use of standard key performance indicators. Provides appropriate feedback.
- Document system issues while assisting in the development of system improvements.
- Maintain all HIPAA compliance standards for providing accurate information for Revenue Cycle systems.
- Plan, coordinate, and prepare reports as they relate to Revenue Cycle Management.
- Anticipate scheduling needs while maintaining adequate staffing for efficient operations.
- Monitors productivity standards while integrating individuals work into a team effort.
- Ensure compliance with regulations, standards, and directives from regulatory agencies and third-party payers.
- Ensures EMTALA and other applicable laws and guidelines are being followed
- Conducts Monthly Department Meetings
- Attends organizational meetings when indicated
- Participates in team discussions and planning
- Performs duties as assigned by the CFO
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Healthcare Administration, or related field
- 4 years patient access or healthcare revenue cycle experience
- At least 2 years in a revenue cycle supervisory role
- Demonstrated knowledge of third-party payer eligibility & benefits, referral & precertification/ authorization processes
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Ability to become competent in current electronic medical record
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- CHAA or CHAM certification
- Bilingual/Spanish speaking
- Previous experience in Critical Access Hospital setting