YMCA of Greater Long Beach
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
YMCA Expanded Learning MIDDLE SCHOOL Program Leader
at YMCA of Greater Long Beach
The YMCA Expanded Learning Program is currently hiring for Program Leader positions to work with middle school aged youth. As an Expanded Learning Program Leader, you will be supervising a group of 10-20 youth between grades 6th through 8th, assisting in the coordination and implementation of the day-to-day operations of the expanded learning program. Program hours are between 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday (Everyday). Actual schedule varies by site.
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Assist supervisor with planning and implementing the program for students in accordance with organization and agency policies.
- Comply with site policies and procedures.
- Work in a team environment.
- Develop engaging lesson plans that are age appropriate and meet organization and agency guidelines.
- Supervise students at all times.
- Create a welcoming environment for students.
- Maintain open lines of communication with site stakeholders.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, trainings and other organization/agency functions as required by supervisor.
- Maintain professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strong classroom management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We are looking for candidates who demonstrate a desire to be role models, coaches, and mentors for students!
Skill / Requirements
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Additionally, demonstrate proof of 48 completed college units or pass district’s Instructional Aide exam. Childhood Education/Child Development units preferred.
- Current CPR and 1st Aid Certification required within first 3 months of employment.
- Clear the Live Scan (criminal background check via fingerprinting).
- Conduct health exam and TB test.
- Clear Drug Test Screening.
- Proof of immunization for Measles, Pertussis, and Influenza.
- Complete New Employee Orientation and Child Abuse Prevention Training.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
- Minimum of six-months experience working with and supervising children.
- Experience with MAC and PC format computers is preferred.
- Bilingual with English/Spanish preferred.